Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MrHandy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2013, 10:35 AM
    Hampton bay customer service
    My sister has a Hampton Bay remote controlled ceiling fan with poor instructions, i.e. no wiring diagram. I suggested the red and white wires on the receiver get hooked to the black and white wires, respectively, that come in from the ceiling, Then the 3 wires going from receiver to fan/light (black, white and blue) go to the black fan wire, white fan wire & blue light fixture wire respectively. Is that correct?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Oct 16, 2013, 10:58 AM
    I would agree.
    AnswerMan5000 Posts: 186, Reputation: 3

Oct 16, 2013, 02:21 PM
    This generic ceiling fan wiring guide has all the wire colors and a step by step guide. I recommend it to everyone having an issue with wire color codes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Customer Service [ 3 Answers ]

My ceiling fan is now making clicking noises during rotation. Is there something I can do? It worked beautifully for years.

Hampton Bay Customer Service [ 6 Answers ]

How can I get a replacement glass for celing fan E81964

Hampton Bay Customer Service [ 0 Answers ]

Light Fixture in Fan/Light died I have had my Hampton BaymFan/Light up for over 9 months. The lights seemed to fizzle/blink, then died - bulbs are fine. The fan works just fine. I removed the light fixture and did not see any thing like a fizzled wire. Suggestions?

Hampton bay customer service? [ 0 Answers ]

Ceiling fan brookdale model 761-567 only runs on low and med when high is selected by the remote it runs at med but makes a clicking sound. Is it the motor or the controller? Can it be tested?

Hampton bay customer service? [ 1 Answers ]

Remote Control Model 191-691, Vendor #11289, UPC# 792145354338 We just installed the remote control to our Hampton Bay ceiling fan with lights in our guest bedroom. We have another Hampton Bay ceiling fan in the master bedroom. Every time we clicked on the remote in the bedroom, the ceiling...

View more questions Search