Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    depressedzombie Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Oct 15, 2013, 06:50 PM
    So mad at myself.
    So me and my ex girlfriend have been broken up for 8 months, but through out the whole thing we have kept contact. Mostly us just meeting up and having sex but recently it has been a lot of me begging her back, she broke up with me back in April.

She was my girlfriend of 3 years and I knew her for 5 years before that. So we have tons of history, we lived together but it was at that point to where we was kind of sick of each others faces and we would argue over everything so one night we got into a huge argument and I told her to leave but that is a different story for another time, ANYWAY.

Recently I have been begging her back because I realized I screwed up & I feel like I know what mistakes I made and not to make them again and she has been ignoring me. She blocked me on everything and wouldn't answer her phone, I was sick of being in pain so that is when I found this website and the No contact rule which helped me a lot. I held no contact for 2 days until last night she called me, I couldn't resist I gave in and called her back.

We ended up skyping and she pretty much told me she loves me but she is afraid of giving us another chance because of our past. She also has been checking my social networking websites everyday and was getting jealous over other girls that liked my pictures etc. She told me I was the only guy she cares about and I was her first true love, her exact words was "It's been 9 months and it's still like we just broke up I am not ready to move on and find someone else, everything reminds me of you."

She also asked me why I had not been trying to message her or call her and I told her the truth, she kept rejecting me and ignoring me when I tried so I gave up. Before we got off skype she said "I love you" but today I tried to calling her and no one answered so I texted her and she told me to stop texting her that last night was goodbye.

So now I am just so mad at myself for even giving her the time of day yesterday, I shouldn't have even called her back. But why would she have even called me and skyped me if last night was goodbye, I feel like she is doing the push/pull routine on me and honestly it is just messing with my head so bad.

What should I do now? Just got back into no contact and if she does try to call me again don't give her the time of day? 2 days was so hard and after last night I am back at day one, help..
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 15, 2013, 07:04 PM
    No contact is no contact. Plain and simple, cut and dried.

Block her number, block her FB, block her from your life entirely. You will never heal and move on if this back and forth continues.

Oct 15, 2013, 07:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    No contact is no contact. Plain and simple, cut and dried.

Block her number, block her FB, block her from your life entirely. You will never heal and move on if this back and forth continues.
    Just doesn't make any sense why she wants me to chase her if she doesn't want me back anytime soon.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 15, 2013, 07:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by depressedzombie View Post
    Just doesn't make any sense why she wants me to chase her if she doesn't want me back anytime soon.
    It makes her feel wanted, even though she doesn't want YOU.
    Expert

Oct 15, 2013, 07:20 PM
    Then stop chasing her. You don't need to know what her motives are, you just need to move on without her.

Oct 15, 2013, 09:19 PM
    I just talked to her on skype and she claims she is not happy and has been having suicidal thoughts, mainly because of what I did.

She told me all she wanted to do was to get married to me but now she can't picture that dream coming true. And she claims she will never love or care for anyone ever again.

She just rejects all my attempts to make her happy though so how can I fix things if she won't even allow me to.

I guess NC will do us both some good.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 15, 2013, 11:11 PM
    I don't see any "no contact" no contact means not answering her phone calls, erasing any text message or email "WITHOUT READING" no contact at all.

Oct 16, 2013, 12:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    I don't see any "no contact" no contact means not answering her phone calls, erasing any text message or email "WITHOUT READING" no contact at all.
    Are you aware of how hard that is when they contact you?
    Expert

Oct 16, 2013, 01:57 AM
    That's why you block them.

Oct 17, 2013, 05:21 PM
    But I don't want to lose her :/ she was my best friend and I honestly thought she was going to be my wife. Now she just says she is unhappy and suicidal and talking to me makes her feel worse. Is NC really the only option I have, the mental pain is unreal. I have had dreams about her that wake me up every night for the past week and it is starting to get exhausting.
    Expert

Oct 17, 2013, 05:23 PM
    You don't want to lose her. You are failing to see what a toxic relationship this is.

No contact is the only way to go. It's the only way you are going to fully heal and move forward. No one said this is going to be easy. It will be pure hell for a week or two.

Or do you want to live your life in misery?

Oct 17, 2013, 06:31 PM
    You don't want to lose her. You are failing to see what a toxic relationship this is.

No contact is the only way to go. It's the only way you are going to fully heal and move forward. No one said this is going to be easy. It will be pure hell for a week or two.

Or do you want to live your life in misery?
    It is only toxic though because of mistakes I made in the past that I have learned from, is there no way of getting her trust back?
    Expert

Oct 17, 2013, 06:33 PM
    Oh gawd... she is telling you that she is suicidal and you fail to see how toxic this is?

I'm guessing that you are about 16 and this is the first love of your life.

Oct 17, 2013, 06:38 PM
    Oh gawd... she is telling you that she is suicidal and you fail to see how toxic this is?

I'm guessing that you are about 16 and this is the first love of your life.
    I am 19 and she is 20, and yes she is the first love of my life, I have known her since I was in 8th grade.
    Expert

Oct 17, 2013, 06:40 PM
    You are needy and she is manipulative. Is this the way you want to live your life or do you want a healthy relationship?

Oct 17, 2013, 06:42 PM
    You are needy and she is manipulative. Is this the way you want to live your life or do you want a healthy relationship?
    Why do you say she is manipulative and of course I want a healthy relationship but I want a healthy relationship with her...
    Expert

Oct 17, 2013, 06:45 PM
    I say she is manipulative because she is talking suicide. That's what manipulative people do.

You can't have a healthy relationship with her. It's not possible.

You are young. Learn from your mistakes, and move on.

Oct 17, 2013, 06:53 PM
    I say she is manipulative because she is talking suicide. That's what manipulative people do.

You can't have a healthy relationship with her. It's not possible.

You are young. Learn from your mistakes, and move on.
    I never really thought about it like that but now that you bring it up she has always manipulated me, when we lived together she would never let me do the things I wanted or let me hangout with my old friends. She has always been in control and now I just feel like a piece of meat she is just dragging along while putting all the blame on me. When I know for a fact everything wasn't my fault, thank you for giving me a realization. I will go into NC and stay that way no matter how hard she might pressure me or how painful it is. I hate that this is how my first love had to be but it has been one of the greatest learning experiences of my life.
    Expert

Oct 17, 2013, 06:55 PM
    She can't pressure you if you block her. Block her from your phone, FB, everything.

Yes, it was a learning experience. That's what first loves are. You learn to take the good and use that when looking for a partner. You learn the bad and that you don't want that in a relationship.
    oozy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2013, 12:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by depressedzombie View Post
    But I don't want to lose her :/ she was my best friend and I honestly thought she was going to be my wife. Now she just says she is unhappy and suicidal and talking to me makes her feel worse. Is NC really the only option I have, the mental pain is unreal. I have had dreams about her that wake me up every night for the past week and it is starting to get exhausting.
    I believe you already have lost her. If she really loves you, she will be right next to you right now, willing to forget and forgive all that you've had in the past. Instead, it seems like she is trying to keep you on her leash just to keep her ego moving while not intending on giving you what you need. I agree with no contact suggestion, but of course, it is easier said than done. I hope you will find your strength to get things right.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I tell my boyfriend I am mad about something's with out him getting mad [ 10 Answers ]

He is spending a lot of time at his mothers lately. Not normal something he does. He is adding cell phones to his contract but I am not on it. He is giving his 16 year old a nice ford truck because she is sick. Doesn't talk to me unless he has to. Ask him to hold me and he puts his hand on my back

She is mad at me [ 50 Answers ]

So I have been with my girlfriend and we hung out all last night till 5 in the morning with 10 other friends and we were having so much fun. But last night she started getting mad because I kissed her in front of her ex. I asked her before I kissed her if it was all right to kiss in front of her...

Am I mad or what? [ 4 Answers ]

Ok here goes I was with my ex for 2 years and we split up 15 weeks ago, he met someone else last weekend and I accept that and wish him every happiness. However I still love him and feel it would be cheating on him if iI met someone new despite it being obvious due to new girlfriend he not want...

Everyone's mad [ 4 Answers ]

Ok well, this guy named Patrick asked me out and I said yes and this is like the 8th time I've dated him and my friend is really mad at me and everyone keeps saying things about me like called me a slut and a whore and I don't know what to do its driving me crazy and I'm not just going to dump Pat...

View more questions Search