Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joy2theworld Posts: 72, Reputation: 2

Oct 15, 2013, 03:51 PM
    Confusing guy
    So it all started in the summer. This guy and I kind of had a thing (more than friends but less than a relationship). During the first week of school he told me that we couldn't be together because he had a lot going on. Which I understood so I left him alone for a while. I met this other guy which I started dating but I realized after two weeks I still had feelings for the other guy so I broke up with him.

Almost immediately, the guy from summer and I started talking again like old times. He asked me one day to hang out. So we walked to our school on a weekend and met up. We went out to the field by our school and sat under a tree. We basically just lied there and cuddled for a while, while talking about just random stuff. After a while he kissed me, I knew we liked each other again but I didn't expect it. Everything was perfect, I felt so happy after I left. But its been a couple days and my ex found out about us and he is mad. Then the guy from the summer messaged me and was like we need to take a break until he isn't mad anymore. Which I understand because he hates when people dislike him.

But the thing is I don't think that he is ever going to like him because he is with me. So I'm just wondering how long I should wait for him, or if I even should. I'm just really confused and sad and I need some advice.

Also I'm in grade 10 if that means anything.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 15, 2013, 04:20 PM
    Sounds like the summer guy is waiting until everything is perfect for you two to date. That's never going to happen. There will always be problems in any relationship. People that want a relationship with the other person, find a way to work through those problems together.

I don't even think I'd call your ex an ex. You dated for 2 weeks. That's nothing! It takes longer than that for things I order in the mail to get to my house. So who cares what this 2 weeks fling thinks?

I think the summer guy is making excuses. He did right after your summer fling, and he's doing it again. Why wait around for a guy that obviously can't commit to anything?

That's my take on it.

Good luck.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 15, 2013, 04:23 PM
    Who care what an ex gets mad about, he shouldn't count, but more worrisome is the new guy being afraid of him, or worse he thinks you listen to this ex bozo. Either way its you who have to take a stand and make a decision that works for YOU, not some ex or a new guy.

Personally, I stayed away from females that still had a lot of contact with the ex, because they always make for issues and stupid drama the female cannot control. Who needs that? I would tell that to the new guy, if he isn't afraid you still have feelings and would run back to him.

You better handle your business and clear this up or the mad ex gets what he wants. ASAP!!!!!!!
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Oct 15, 2013, 04:58 PM
    You dated your ex for two weeks, what is he mad about?
    I'd forget about both of them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

This guy is confusing [ 4 Answers ]

I met this guy (let's say his name is bob) at work three years ago and we became really playful with each other. I remember the day I went in for an interview he could not stop staring at me. He would always say hi to me and again we would kid around with each other. I then had an opportunity to go...

New guy in the picture, but he's confusing? [ 3 Answers ]

I met this guy during the summer. Surprisingly enough, his best friend is my best friend (bestfriend is a guy), but him and I didn't get introduced till recently. Since the summer, whenever all of us would hangout with our mutual friends, he'd always want to kiss me, but I'd always reject him,...

The most confusing guy on earth? [ 5 Answers ]

I am new on this forum and have been looking at some of the other answers for any advice but I seem to be stuck in a grey area. I met a guy a couple of weeks ago in a bar, I could tell he noticed me and he came over to me later that night to try and have a chat. My friends told me he does this...

This guy is so confusing [ 3 Answers ]

Awhile back, my best friends mentioned to the guy I liked that I liked him. His response was weird: “So I should be on the lookout?” I gave up. He did show some signs of interest in me after that but I assumed he was just trying to read me or just being friendly since we were friends just not close...

Confusing guy [ 1 Answers ]

Me, and this guy, well we were dating for a while, and then he broke up with me for no good reason, then he went out with this girl, for a couple days broke up with her. Then he kissed me! Out of the blue we kissed, and then he went back out with the other girl the same day! And I still have...

View more questions Search