Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nyx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2007, 09:48 AM
    Hair Follicles Discoloration
    Okay I hope I am using the right terms but I have a problem with my hair follicles just where the hair grows out of the skin, it is darker than the skin that surrounds it. It just around my legs and I want to shave my legs more often (or wax) but I find it annoying to have these tiny spots all over them (compared to other parts that don't have that problem) is there way I can even my skin tone for my whole leg area. Oh before I forget I had these spots from a very young age (wont say all my life though)

I find topical creams often must be applied only to the area of the discoloration, but can you imagine how long it will take me each day to do that for every follicle on my legs (much less having to do it twice daily). Is there any pills or topical treatment that can be applied all over, to even out overall skin tone, without lightening my skin all over, but to attacking the spots that have too much melanin production? I mean I love my skin tone so really don't want to lighten it, I just want to even it out.

But if it going to lighten hopefully it is minimal, I want to even out, not get lighter and still have the spots there.

And hey, if your suggestion works help even out darkened joints and on unexplainable blotches even better.:cool:

Check out some similar questions!

Bumps on arms, hair follicles? [ 8 Answers ]

?? For years I have had little bumps on my forearms. Not painful, not rashy. About the size of little zits, but not red at all. Just flesh colored. My bet is that they are hair follicles, but... they never go away or get smaller. Anyone have any ideas as to what they are and how to get rid...

Moles/facial discoloration [ 2 Answers ]

I have moles on my face, they attract a lot of attention, is there any way that I can remove them, do you think laser surgery will be a good idea? Flava

Skin discoloration of the buttocks [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know how I can make my buttocks lighter? I am a african american female that has a dark area around my buttocks and I wonder if there's any thing I can do about it.

Toe pain and discoloration [ 1 Answers ]

For the last two years about the same time (February), I have developed numbness and pain and discoloration in the same toe. It appears to be a blister, however the pain kept me up all night. Last year I attributed the pain to exfoliating and going to the tanning bed before vacation. However...

Dark hair follicles? [ 1 Answers ]

My legs are dotted with little spots where the hair follicles are. I shave my legs, so I am guessing that the little spots is the hair below the skin surface in the follicle. Does waxing or epilating help at all? I am sort of under the assumption that if I remove the hair completely, I won't have...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.