Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shoesrad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2013, 02:31 PM
    Can you catch rocky mountain spotted fever from a diagnosed dog
    I work at an animal shelter. One of our dogs was diagnosed with Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. Can I catch it from the dog if I was the one handling it the most?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 15, 2013, 02:40 PM
    If you were bitten by a tick, then you would contract rocky mountain spotted fever. I don't really think you can get it from the dog that was bitten by ticks.

I would send you the link for this, but I cant, so suggest you Google 'rocky mountain spotted fever' and read up on it. Nothing states you can get it from an infected animal. You have to be bitten by a tick.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My son was just diagnosed with pneumonia... has had fever for almost a week. [ 1 Answers ]

My almost 3 year old son was just diagnosed with Pneumonia yesterday via chest x-ray, he has had a fever on/off for almost a week now, Dr. has prescribed albuterol tid, pulmicort bid, omnicef, and tylenol/motrin alternating... we are very concerned and want him well asap, when do we get concerned...

Recovering from rocky mountain spotted fever [ 3 Answers ]

My dog is recovering from rocky mountain spotted fever she got last spring '08. She is not gaining weight and is lethargic, but she does try to keep up with the other dogs for awhile. Can anyone give me advice on how to improve her situation. She is off the meds, and I do give her supplements for...

Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever [ 1 Answers ]

After someone has had rocky mountain spotted fever and is treated, is there any effects afterwards?

Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever? [ 14 Answers ]

My son was given a possible diagnosis today for Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. I'm not convinced, but since there's not a quick definitive test, has anyone had it and can say, "look for this symptom"? Steady fever of around 102, headache (but not excruciating), says he feels 'stiff' all over, dizzy...

View more questions Search