Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mimi82 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2007, 09:45 AM
    Dripping Water in Freezer Side
    I have a two sides fridge from Kenmore Elite collection, model #106.6896*700, 5897*700, I've been hearing and seeing water dripping in freezer side for a while now, water is dripping in the lower portion behind the wire drawer, our Fridge is only 6 month old, so is that normal? It seems like it's dripping somewhere back into the freezer. Please help me
    rjkreutzer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2007, 10:22 AM
    Side by side Refers are usually frost free. That means they go threw a defrost cycle once in every 10 to 24 hours depending on brand, the dripping you see may be the result of the defrost cycle. If it was dripping all day every day the drip pan under the freezer would over flow and you would have water on the floor. Plus if the freezer was warm enough to allow water to drip continually your hamburger would not be frozen, if you goods are not frozen call Sears now.

Later
    RJK
    mimi82 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2007, 12:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mimi82
    I have a two sides fridge from Kenmore Elite collection, model #106.6896*700, 5897*700, I've been hearing and seeing water dripping in freezer side for a while now, water is dripping in the lower portion behind the wire drawer, our Fridge is only 6 month old, so is that normal? it seems like it's dripping somewhere back into the freezer. Please help me
    Thanks for your reply, I'm not worried anymore. Everything is still frozen and no water flowing out of freezer.Thanks again :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I check air flow between freezer and fresh food side? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 5-year old side-by-side Maytag refrigerator, model MSD2756GES. My situation: Freezer side is cold. Compressor runs (it's hot). Condenser fan and evaporator fan run. No frost or snow in the back of the freezer. Coils on freezer side not frosted over. Fresh food side is not cold...

Freezer door won't close flush on side-by-side [ 1 Answers ]

I have a side-by-side freezer/fridge. The storage shelves on the freezer door "hit" the mullion wall when closing and the door won't seal, at the top, once shut. How can I adjust the door to get it to seal, even if I can't stop the storage bin from hitting while shutting?:

Maytag Side-by-Side Freezer ice buildup on floor of freezer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a five year old Maytag side-by-side #MSD2754GR. I have had this problem for the last four years and have cleaned out the clogged drain plug each year myself. Seems that the ice buildup is coming somewhere else since water is not dripping down the back. Yes, it is humid and we are using...

View more questions Search