Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Soothseeker Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2013, 11:08 PM
    Hindu Nair Guy wants to marry a Christian catholic girl.
    I am a Hindu, Nair boy (23years) from Kerala and I am deeply in love with a Christian, Catholic girl, who is also from Kerala.

I do not plan on asking her to change her faith, nor am I going to change mine; and I consider the idea of forcing someone to change faith morally offensive and pointless.

I studied for 12 years in a catholic school (L.KG to 10th) and I have great respect for Jesus Christ and I have read Bible many times

Our children can grow enjoying the richness of Mahabharata and admiring the purity of Christ's sacrifice. When they are old enough, let them choose their own path.

I have a full time Central Government job and I am studying simultaneously and my wish is to marry her in both ways: Hindu and Christian.

The reason why I want to do so is because I know that she watched people getting married in White and Black and marveled at the beauty and serenity of it right from her childhood; and I have watched my relatives and friends getting married amidst flowers and instrumental music, and wished to have the same for me someday.

I wish to bear the coast of our marriage on myself (and not on my parents), and I am working day and night for the same.

I believe that I am not doing anything against the teachings of the great apostle who taught human kind to love each other and my religion teaches me that the whole world is one big family.

I don't care about what narrow minded people think, but I promised her that I would keep her happy; And that's what I am going to do.

Our parents does not know about us yet, but I plan on telling them gradually instead of giving them an embolism all of a sudden.

So can I get married twice to the same girl and do the legal registration just once??

Also , Please name any Church that would allow me to marry her, preferably in south Kerala.

Any suggestions are wholeheartedly welcome. Thank you all in advance.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 15, 2013, 03:00 AM
    You most likely will not be able to marry her within a Catholic Church, you and her will have to talk to the local priests to see what they will or will not do.

You will get legally married with the registering, the service is not the legal marriage, it is always more of a blessing and you may do as many of those as you wish.
    Soothseeker Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2013, 04:26 AM
    Thank You Fr Chuck, This reply means a lot to me. "It is always more of a blessing" , how truly said. I will talk with the local priests on the matter

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I am a Hindu guy, can I marry a Pentecostal Christian girl without converting? [ 1 Answers ]

I am in love with a Christian girl, We both were in love right from college and now its time to marry. Can I marry her without me being converted to Christian? Will their church allow this (she also never wanted me to get converted)? Please guys help me know whether such a thing is possible? We are...

Can a christian girl marry in a hindu way? [ 3 Answers ]

If a christian girl wants to marry her boyfriend (who is converted from hinduism to christianity) but his parents are not aware about the fact that he is converted, and he is afraid to tell them.The parents have agreed on bringen a christian girl into their family now, but their wish is that they...

Catholic girl wants to marry a Hindu boy. [ 1 Answers ]

I am a Catholic girl who wants to marry a Hindu boy. My parents said that they will only agree if he converts to a Catholic. He is afraid to hurt his parents. How do I go about this? Help needed urgently.

Is it [ossible for a Catholic girl to marry Hindu guy in US. Both are Indians [ 13 Answers ]

I am a Christian girl and I want to marry a Hindu guy. We both are Indians who are here on H1B visa. Is it possible for us to get married in US Roman Catholic church without getting converted? Will the marriage be valid? Please share any information related to this.

Can hindu girl marry a christian catholic boy? [ 6 Answers ]

I am a Hindu girl and I love a Christian catholic boy. I want to marry him but before that I want to know is there something written regarding not to marry non-Christian in bible? Can I marry him?

View more questions Search