Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pet Care Pros Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2007, 09:14 AM
    How 2 get Lic Bond Insur 4 small Biz n TN
    Small Pet Care Biz, have to go into other peoples homes. How do I get Lic Bonded and Insured in Nashville ? Thanks.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 29, 2007, 10:55 AM
    Well in Nashville you go to the city hall and get a business license.

Next do you have customers that are requiring you to be bonded ? If so you speak to your insurance agent and ask them, most bonds can be arranged though full line insurance people. ( also the Nashville yellow pages under bonds, or insurnace)

Have you also looked into business liablitly insurance, if you are in someone's home and break something, if they claim you harm their pets and the such.

Also remember if you are starting to use your car or truck for business use, you need to let your insurance people know, since it changes the ratings on the vechile
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Mar 29, 2007, 07:48 PM
    I am licensed only in AL, IL and LA (not TN), therefore, I am not familiar with TN or Nashvile or county laws, statutes pertaining to bonding. I seriously doubt you are required by any law or ordinance in TN to post a surety bond but this is only from experience over the years in AL, LA, FL and GA (not TN0.. there is one bond you may want and I am sure some agent writes in in TN. It's a "third party" fidelity type bond that offers dishonesty coverage should if any employees (not you the owner) were to abscond or otherwise cause your customer a financial loss due to that employees dishonesty. Most bonding / insurance companies place a "conviction" rider in the bond meaning essentially that your employees cannot simply be accused of any loss and obtain payment on the bond. Your customer would have to prove in a court of law that the employee was guilty. In other words, conviction in a court of loss is proof of loss. For this reason, I call it an "advertising" bond as it really offers very little protection to you or your customers. It offers payment only if conviction results.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Amide bond (peptide bond) [ 3 Answers ]

hello ever1 I don't know much about chemistry, so hlp me with this is amide bond (peptide bond), balanced chemical equation?

Need Loan to Start New Biz [ 1 Answers ]

I have substantial equity in my home and would like to draw on it to start a new business. Unfortunately I am not currently employed and I can't find a bank that will work with me to provide a line of credit. Any ideas??

Home based biz New Jersey [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I own a power washing business on the jersey shore(ocean and monmouth counties).I'm looking for someone who would be interested in marketing my services by phone or putting advertisements on peoples doorknobs.must be clean cut,honest and responsible.you would work on a commission basis.no hard...

View more questions Search