Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2013, 11:59 AM
    I found a new reason to be offended by the Filthydelphia Eagles, they're named in honor of this:

tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2013, 04:18 AM
    Since the emperor recognizes 'Redskins' as an offensive word ,I wonder if his new sense of pc will have him publicly take on the words that campaign contributor and his special guest on his inauguration day ,Jay Z calls young black men and young women .
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2013, 04:20 AM
    And what would that be perchance; black skins? The racism in your country knows no bounds, the veneer is cracking
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2013, 04:39 AM
    Hello again, tom:
    Since the emperor recognizes 'Redskins' as an offensive word
    If it were ONLY him, we shouldn't change it.. But, of course, it ISN'T only him. It's probably a rather large segment of society. But, even if it's a SMALL segment of society, WHY would you want to offend them?

Apparently, you think you should be the arbiter of all things offensive.. And, if it doesn't offend YOU, it's NOT offensive.

But, beyond that... I thought you wingers were gonna reach out to be more inclusive so you could, maybe WIN a presidential election... No, huh?

excon
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2013, 05:36 AM
    I have taken no other position on this issue than to point out the hypocrisy of the emperor and the pc crowd, If I was the owner of the Skins I would change the name just to move past the bs.
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2013, 05:47 AM
    And what would that be perchance; black skins? The racism in your country knows no bounds, the veneer is cracking
    JayZ uses the N word to describe young black men... and hoe ,b*tches and other words for young black women. Apparently because Jay Z is black he's immune from criticism .He is often in attendance at the White House including the time I mentioned.

Apparently the whole hip hop culture gets a pass. As an example here is the lyrics from Eminem's new hit song.
    I attempt these lyrical acrobat stunts while I'm practicing that
    I'll still be able to break a mother*ckin' table
    Over the back of a couple of faggots and crack it in half

Clever eh ? Even lefties like Alex Baldwin gets slapped down for describing someone as a faggot. But Eminem will get sales and a platinum record out of it .
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2013, 06:01 AM
    Hello again, tom:

It IS true that some people can call others n******, and some people can't. You find something WRONG with that. I find it sociologically INTERESTING. The relationships between the races is continually evolving, and these are simply steps along the way.

Yes, I KNOW you guys think we've EVOLVED. You think racism is over, and as proof, you offer up our black president.

I don't share your viewpoint.

excon
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2013, 06:09 AM
    What you find socially interesting I find hypocritical. I would respect the bi racial emperor more if he wasn't so blatantly one sided. He needs a Sista Souljah moment ;and a smack down of Jay Z and the hip hop culture would do the trick.
    I don't think that electing a black President is an achievement at all because we elected the wrong one .Unlike the left ,I don't give him a pass because of the color of his skin ,nor do I form my opinions of him based on his color .
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2013, 06:12 AM
    Hello again, tom:
    and a smack down of Jay Z and the hip hop culture would do the trick.
    Again, you think the culture is BAD and WRONG. I don't. And, I'm sure the president doesn't either.

excon
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 20, 2013, 06:29 AM
    You guys have gerrymandered the TParty into power, and to them the standard of governance is destroy everything they don't like, including their own. What will you do with them? What will you do with all those RHINOS? I bet there are more RHINOS than TParty.
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2013, 09:47 AM
    Ummm here In NY a repubic rep is a rare breed due to the very gerrymandering you complain about .
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 20, 2013, 10:12 AM
    Here in Texas also.
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2013, 09:51 AM
    Be careful which Halloween costume you wear .
    'Offensive' Halloween costumes banned by US university - Telegraph
    Guess I have to get rid of my Lone Ranger costume .
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2013, 10:29 AM
    As long as they don't dress like a twerking Miley Cyrus I don't much care.
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2013, 10:34 AM
    Or dress like Marines in their new uni-sex hats .
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2013, 12:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Or dress like Marines in their new uni-sex hats .
    I hear the idea was from the WH but I have to wonder if it was Lurch, you know, because our Marines don't look French enough.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 24, 2013, 01:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    As long as they don't dress like a twerking Miley Cyrus I don't much care.
    Maybe they will all be naked because whatever they were to wear is bound to offend somebody.
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2013, 02:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cdad View Post
    Maybe they will all be naked because whatever they were to wear is bound to offend somebody.
    Good point, and of course being naked doesn't offend anyone.
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2013, 12:58 PM
    A MN congresswoman has asked the governor and the Metrodome to ban the Skins' logo and name from their upcoming game.

Minnesota Vikings vs.Washington ____________ on Nov. 7th.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2013, 02:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    A MN congresswoman has asked the governor and the Metrodome to ban the Skins' logo and name from their upcoming game.

Minnesota Vikings vs.Washington ____________ on Nov. 7th.
    Hey, a thought, if these are all regional teams why do they need a mascot embelishment in their name?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The 'real' housing crisis [ 12 Answers ]

"The issue is surplus housing – the remarkable growth of space that people don't need." According to George Monbiot, you have more space than you need. That extra room for when the folks come for a visit? Gone. That family room? Wasted space. Your man cave? Unconscionable. Sewing room? No way....

The next crisis is here already [ 12 Answers ]

It's a crisis that has been building for months and I predict it will be known as the euro crisis or pigs in the parlor Why pigs Portugal Ireland, Italy, Greece, Spain Crisis Spreads in Europe - WSJ.com We have the ludicous step that basket case economies in danger of failing themselves are being...

Your Town - REAL America or something else? [ 20 Answers ]

Hello: I wonder if you live in the REAL America that the wrongwinger Palin is talking about. Or, do you hold ANTI-American views like the Democrats in congress do, according to congresswoman Bachman from Minn? Do these kind of sentiments unite us?? I don't think so... Looks to me, like...

View more questions Search