Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    debbiedeneese Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2013, 04:45 AM
    Does anyone have a recipe for duplicating Badia Sazon Tropical?
    I'd like to be able to regulate the salt in it sometimes, and it's also not always available. I have seen recipes for the Sazon and Adobo seasonings, but not for the Badia Sazon Tropical.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 14, 2013, 06:59 AM
    Truthfully, I'm not convinced that the Tropical is any different except for more coriander, annatto, and FDC yellow, all to make it more yellow.

Oct 15, 2013, 06:39 AM
    I use the one that isn't yellow (i.e. Doesn't have the annatto, etc in it)... there's a subtle difference in the flavor from the regular Sazon. I'm thinking it might be some dried citrus, but I don't see that listed in the ingredients...

Oct 15, 2013, 06:50 AM
    I use the one that isn't yellow... and it does have a subtle difference from the regular Badia Sazon. I'm thinking it's some sort of citrus but I don't see that listed on the ingredients...
    current pert

Oct 15, 2013, 07:35 AM
    Citrus sounds plausible. Funny that they don't list each spice. Of course citrus isn't a spice. I didn't know any edible product companies did that anymore - not list all ingredients.
    I wonder if their coriander is the culantro variety?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 15, 2013, 07:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Citrus sounds plausible. Funny that they don't list each spice. Of course citrus isn't a spice. I didn't know any edible product companies did that anymore - not list all ingredients.
    I wonder if their coriander is the culantro variety?
    Coriander is cilantro
    current pert

Oct 15, 2013, 09:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Coriander is cilantro
    There are varieties. Culantro is a variety usually used in countries south of the US, and the islands.
    Expert

Oct 15, 2013, 02:28 PM
    I have never seen in spelled 'culantro' before, and yes there are varieties but all taste the same and all are basically cilantro, or coriander. The texture, size and leaf vary the same as parsley does.

The chinese have a variety too, used in chinese cooking but tastes just the same as the one used for Mexican dishes.
    current pert

Oct 15, 2013, 04:11 PM
    I have seen and tasted fresh culantro. Not like cilantro at all.

Eryngium foetidum = culantro
    Coriandrum sativum = cilantro
    Expert

Oct 16, 2013, 02:05 AM
    Apparently it looks like lettuce, not at all grows like cilantro and is very little known on the north american continent. I know for sure not sold here in Ontario, or even grown for that matter.

If it grow like lettuce, who would ever know it is anything like cilantro.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Duplicating a File. [ 12 Answers ]

I currently have a database with MS Access 2000. I want to make a new database that has the same fields and forms etc. as my current database the only thing different would be the data. So basically I want two copies of my original database. I want to have a saved copy of my original database...

Files duplicating & tripling [ 1 Answers ]

When using my desktop,I find that files that I put on my removable hard drive duplicate themselves,and sometimes triple and quadruple,could you tell me how to avoid this happening,thank you.

Recipe Trade: Here's my MarsBar Cheesecake Recipe (A real winner!) [ 1 Answers ]

From My Family Kitchen to Yours.. Want to trade a tried and tested family favorite? Here's one from my kitchen.. MarsBar Cheesecake, perfect for a Special Birthday - Sure to put a smile on that Birthday Persons dile:) This recipe is for a LARGE Cake - if you are catering for a smaller...

Item duplicating [ 3 Answers ]

Fghfdghdfh

View more questions Search