Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cheryl61 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2013, 10:01 AM
    Problems with adult step daughter.
    My boyfriend has a married stepdaughter who will call him for everything. She is totally helpless even though she is married to a man who makes a lot of money. He took a picture of her while she was sleeping during one of his "visits", is this weird or am I being a jealous girlfriend?
    cam1337 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2013, 11:08 AM
    I think you are right to be concerned , it is a bit weird , maybe tell him what you think ?
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Oct 13, 2013, 02:41 PM
    Sounds pretty weird to me. How long has he been in her life? Taking a picture of her while she is sleeping is strange, but that is just me.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 13, 2013, 03:47 PM
    Not enough information. Taking a picture, by itself, means nothing without the context.

And a rich husband might be working all the time, even away a lot for work.

On the other hand, she is not his bio daughter.

Just not enough to pass judgement.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Oct 14, 2013, 09:42 AM
    Have you discussed their relationship with your boyfriend? Is he aware of how you (or others) perceive their relationship?

It pretty much boils down to whether you feel comfortable in the relationship. You cannot make someone change. They either make the changes for themselves because they see the need or you accept them as the whole person they are. The only person you can effectively change is yourself.

If their interactions became closer to what you think of as 'normal', would you still worry that he might become more secretive instead of letting go or that things would, at some point, return to the way they were?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am jealous of my adult step kids [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot help it but I am beside myself with jealousy with my two adult step daughters and their children I am fine with my step son . I also have adult children of my own and three beautiful grandchildren whom I adore my husband is a lovely man to soft for his own good. They ( his daughters)...

My step daughter mother lost rights to her and grandmother took over rights of step.. [ 1 Answers ]

Ok my step daughters mother got her rights taken away from her and her grandmother took over my step daughter the grandmother recently passed away and me and husband moved back to Michigan to take care of her. Her mother took her and won't let us see her. What rights do the mother have and what can...

Step daughter problems [ 3 Answers ]

Ibeen getting a abuse behaviors from my step daugther .seen away back from April .it been done stop getting bad phone calls tell lies behind my back making up stores about me she tried to say dad leave me.I was nut good for him .I tell her away be for care on started it.that I was sex abues from...

My adult daughter [ 8 Answers ]

My adult daughter is very upset with her family and me because we've been suggesting that she needs to find employment with benefits. She has quit every job she ever had and quit her last job about 6 months ago. She is not looking for work and has no medical insurance. She is very angry that I or...

View more questions Search