Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    The heathers Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2013, 10:45 PM
    My adult cat
    I'm worried,occasionally, I find my cat nibbling on my dog's food. Will this cause any health problems? I try to prevent it, but he's sneaky!
    Any answers will be gratefully appreciated!
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Oct 13, 2013, 06:31 AM
    While cats have specific dietary requirements, a few nibbles here and there is not a problem.
    As long as his primary diet is a high quality cat food and he eats it well I wouldn't stress over the occasional sharing.

Here is a short and sweet publication on cat nutrition you may find helpful:
    http://www.vetmed.vt.edu/vth/sa/clin..._Adult_Cat.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Litter train an adult cat [ 2 Answers ]

My mother had a stray cat come to her house and have kitten's. We are very animal friendly so we keep all the cats we couldn't give away. Needless to say one of the cat's we keep was a female who after almost a year got pregnant. She only had two kittens. One died the other I brought home when it...

How do I teach an adult cat to use a litter box? [ 2 Answers ]

We have a six-year old cat that has always been an indoor/outdoor cat. He has a cat door that allows him to come and go anytime. We will soon be moving to Florida where he must become a totally indoor cat. How should we address that issue? Should we attempt to convert him to a litter box now, or...

Puppy and adult cat [ 6 Answers ]

I am about to get a 7 week old collie puppy and have an 8 year old cat. I was a bit worried about the cat bullying the puppy. Does anyone have any ideas about keeping any confrontation to a minimal ?

Help potty training a adult cat [ 3 Answers ]

Recently a cat wandered into our house. We tried to find its owners but to no avail. Now the cat lives with us but it will only "partially" use the litter box. In other words it will do number 1 in the litter box but wont do number 2 in it. Is there any way I can at least try to get the cat to go...

View more questions Search