Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wilddaisy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2013, 08:56 PM
    I have a leaky water supply line to my toilet, the shut off valve is a pull and push
    The water shut off is a pull and push type, pull up to turn off and push in to turn on is this and all in one piece, I can't figure out how to disconnect the line from the shut off
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 12, 2013, 09:33 PM
    Hello Wilddaisy, if your angle stop ( shut off valve ) and water supply come in one piece than you cannot separate water supply from angle stop. You will have to turn off main water valve in front of your house. Then, install new angle stop and water supply.

However if it leaks from threaded connection than you may try to tighten it a bit more rather then replacing both items.

Hope that helps, Back to you. Milo
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 13, 2013, 09:03 AM
    Solid advice from Milo,
    Can you tell us what's leaking? Is it the connection from the wall? Is it where it connects to the tank? Back to you, Tom
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2013, 10:15 AM
    That style "aero.?" if memory serves me correctly is removed by twisting and pulling the whole stop off. Afterwards, replace with compression nut style. The riser is not replaceable. Like a forerunner to sharkbite but removeable without the tool. Make sure house water is off and pressure released.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet water supply line leak after fill valve replacement? [ 12 Answers ]

My old fill valve was running constantly, so I replaced it with a Fluidmaster 400A Fill Valve. I have metal flanged water supply tubing with a permanently bonded washer at the top, so according to the directions I used the existing washer and existing coupling nut. I had a very difficult time...

Plastic push pull bathroom sink shut off valve [ 2 Answers ]

My bathroom sink has push/pull pvc type shutoff valves with the hoses factory crimped on. The hoses are leaking at the crimp. Can the hoses be cut and replace the crimps with hose clamps or do I need to replace the calve. If the valve has to be replaced, Is it threaded or glued on? It is so close...

Water shut off valve at toilet is a push down to close [ 1 Answers ]

We had a toilet that seemed to be running. The valve from the wall to the toilet has a white cap with "push down to close" which we did. We want to turn the water back on now to see if we repaired but we can't get the water to turn back on. Do you do something other than just push to turn back...

Leaky toilet water supply valve [ 2 Answers ]

The water supply valve on my toilet is leaking right at the knob to turn the water on/off. Can I fix this or do I need a plumber?

View more questions Search