Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mare123 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2013, 03:34 PM
    Good chicken recipes
    I need any recipes of hot chicken fried of bake.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 12, 2013, 03:58 PM
    Puffy Chicken

Buy one skinless, boneless chicken breast for each person to be fed.

For one breast (adjust for multiple breasts):

Mix 1/3 c. mayo (not Miracle Whip) with 1/4 c. grated Parmesan and grated/minced onion to taste. (I eyeball the amounts and don't measure now that I've made this 93 million times.)

Put breasts into an appropriate-sized baking pan. They can be touching each other. Thoroughly and evenly frost each breast with the mixture. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 40-45 minutes or until mayo topping is brown and bubbly. Serve.

The oil in the mayo makes the breasts tender and moist. It's an almost foolproof recipe and can be varied depending on your taste. Dijon mustard (not too much! Start with a 1/4 teaspoon for one breast and taste the mixture) can be added instead of the Parmesan. Parsley flakes can be thrown in. The mayo is the base, then build on that with additional ingredients.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 12, 2013, 04:08 PM
    The one I did yesterday, debone and cut into small pieces, lightly fry in skillet. Remove from pan. In the small amount of oil, stir in peppers, onions and garlic. Cover till soft.
    Add the chicken back in. and lightly stire.

Add a little sesame oil

Serve on top of rice if desired.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 15, 2013, 04:36 AM
    WG, I haven't thought about that mayo/parm/onion mix in years! It is yummy. And a big hit on small breads and run under the broiler, as an appetizer.

I'm cooking for just myself, so I buy boneless chicken and sauté it for a minute, then cover it and let it finish cooking on the stovetop, which only takes about 3 minutes for small pieces. Cut the biggest piece in half to see if it's cooked through.
    Then I freeze it in one meal baggies, and make fresh sauces each time I use one, or add it to herbed rice. Herbs and spices vary, but I always use tumeric to make it yellow, and sometimes I add tiny pieces of fresh ginger (candied is even good, if I don't have fresh) and of course onions and garlic.
    Other sauces are tomato (spaghetti) sauce with ricotta cheese, cheddar cheese sauce (a white sauce base), and a Thai one I invented, made of spicy bean sauce with a tiny bit of peanut butter and orange juice.
    Another Thai style is a whole chicken slow roasted, half covered with stock, coconut milk, lemon grass, and fresh mango pieces.
    For a whole chicken roasted in the oven, I throw an apple, an onion, and a slice of bread in the cavity, with some sage, basil, and thyme. Lazy woman's stuffing.
    I've never made '40 garlic chicken' but plan to someday: put 40 or so garlic cloves in the cavity, roast, and then serve the garlic on toast.
    Garlic slivers put under the skin of any chicken pieces or whole chicken is good.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Oct 15, 2013, 06:06 AM
    My family loves this one: 8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Place in 9x13 pan with sides. Sprinkle chicken with garlic powder. In a bowl, mix one can cranberry sauce (whole fruit), one packet onion soup mix, and half bottle fat free Catalina dressing. (Ok to use regular Catalina dressing). Stir these three ingredients and pour over chicken. Cover with foil and bake an hour, or until,chicken is done. Super easy!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 15, 2013, 07:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    WG, I haven't thought about that mayo/parm/onion mix in years! It is yummy. And a big hit on small breads and run under the broiler, as an appetizer.
    That's our standard Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve treat -- little cocktail rye breads spread with the mayo-Parmesan-onion mixture and then broiled until the spread is brown and bubbly.

We've tried it with other flavors of little cocktail breads but the rye is our favorite.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for good dessert recipes [ 3 Answers ]

I NEED NEW RECIPES! I'm going to a dinner and I need at least two really good recipes. It is for a club and need them by SATERDAY PLEASE HELP ME!!

Good Squash Recipes [ 39 Answers ]

Hi, All! I'm just looking for some good recipes for the preparation of squash. I have a friend who is a farmer, and I just got a lot of Acorn and Butternut Squash from him. So, what are some simple things that I can do with them to prepare them for meals? From my experience, squash...

Any good meal recipes? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello! I was wondering.. do any of you have healthy dinner recipes that you could let me know of? Me and my boyfriend have been dieting together for a little over a month now and we have been eating basically baked chicken and salad for dinner since then, because we don't know of any good healthy...

Any good Recipes for Atkins? [ 7 Answers ]

I have been trying to loose weight for about 4 years now and nothing has worked, I gained 30 pounds with my first child and then got pregnant 13 months later with my second child so I gained 32 lbs with her. So I am about 60 lbs overweight and So I decided to start the Atkins diet, and let me tell...

View more questions Search