Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2013, 10:09 AM
    The blue toilet water
    My daughters dog Angel, is a pom poodle mix. She is 8lbs and 2 years old as of last week.

I just recently went and got scrubbing bubbles toilet drop ins, turns the water blue and all that.

Well I forgot we had the blue water, and didn't put the lid down, and Angel of course, just HAD to see what it was and how it tasted.

Will she be OK?

She got maybe, a few laps, before I caught her.
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Oct 12, 2013, 01:04 PM
    Water
    Sodium Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate (Cleaning Agent)
    Sodium Sulfate (Carrier)
    Sodium Borate (pH Adjuster)
    Fragrance from SC Johnson Fragrance Palette (Fragrance)
    Hydroxyethyl Cellulose (Binder)
    Acid Blue 9 (Dye)
    Sodium Gluconate (Chelator)
    Fatty Alcohol (Binder)

From SC Johnsons website-It comprises these ingredients.
    I'm sure there used to be a free poison helpline for pets but couldn't find it.
    Of the 2 that I did find this one was the least expensive.
    Pet Poison Helpline, Animal Poison Control Center, Pet Poison Hotline

You can always call the number on the package of drop ins, I've had to do that a couple times and they were always very helpful.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2013, 02:12 PM
    Few laps won't hurt, the formula is similar to shampoo except for the sodium borate, Borax. Might have a bit of a purgative action. LD50 for borax and sodium sulfate, in rats, shows very low toxicity.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blue Toilet Water [ 6 Answers ]

My toilet water turned blue about a month ago out of nowhere. I have Not added any type of cleaner or anything to the toilet bowl. I have lived here for 2 years and it has never done this before

Blue tablet put in tank of toilet, but no blue in the bowl [ 7 Answers ]

When a use a blue Vanish tablet in the tank of my toilet the water will not stay blue in the bowl. (No blue at all after flushing in one toilet, and only very light blue in another) I think this is because of the small tube that flows into the overflow tube goes directly into the bowl as clean, not...

Blue water in toilet, trying ti make it clear. [ 1 Answers ]

I just moved and the people before me put one of those discs in the toilet tank that turns the water blue and I hate it. I removed the disc and also scooped up as much of the disc as I could. I have flushed the toilet hundreds of times. I just want the toilet water to be clear, not blue like a...

View more questions Search