Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Oct 11, 2013, 05:23 PM
    Real Men Don't Eat Quiche
    Does anyone know the origins of the expression "real men don't eat quiche?" I'm a man and I like quiche and most dishes with eggs like omelets. I don't care if it is considered unmanly, I eat what I like.
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Oct 11, 2013, 05:35 PM
    I think there is book with this title.that stereotypes masculine behavior.
    Who cares, eat what you like and like what you eat. :)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 11, 2013, 05:42 PM
    Check this out --

Real Men Don't Eat Quiche - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Oct 11, 2013, 05:45 PM
    Hah, why didn't I do that, Google is the bomb.
    My memory for once didn't fail me though, that is a good thing.

Oct 11, 2013, 05:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Thanks, I saw that book in a used book store not long ago. It was pretty funny even though the jokes and cultural references are out of date now. It was written in 1982, but I think the expression was around even before then.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 11, 2013, 06:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by earl237 View Post
    Thanks, I saw that book in a used book store not long ago. It was pretty funny even though the jokes and cultural references are out of date now. It was written in 1982, but I think the expression was around even before then.
    I had Googled for the saying, but didn't find much. Maybe the book gives a clue about its origin.

***ADDED*** Everything I've checked claims that the book is the origin of the saying.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 11, 2013, 06:11 PM
    Here you go.

Real Men Don't Eat Quiche? So Says Bruce Feirstein, a Writer With?Well?Crust : People.com

Oct 11, 2013, 06:23 PM
    Funny article, obviously satire. I like paté, yogurt and quiche but I still consider myself a "real man", whatever that means. If he thought people were wimps way back in 1982, he must think it's much worse now with our politically correct, everyone's a winner and no one is better than anyone else culture.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 11, 2013, 06:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by earl237 View Post
    Funny article, obviously satire. I like paté, yogurt and quiche but I still consider myself a "real man", whatever that means. If he thought people were wimps way back in 1982, he must think it's much worse now with our politically correct, everyone's a winner and no one is better than anyone else culture.
    Im sure he wouldn't be dreaming of today's culture. We have winped out. And we do need to turn that around or we risk losing this country.
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Oct 11, 2013, 10:58 PM
    I love quiche and used to make it quite often - my husband at the time would quote that, and look at me disdainfully - I'd say, oh don't worry, this isn't quiche, it's egg pie. He loved it. ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Men who Denying a child to raise another are they real men? [ 2 Answers ]

Why do men take care of other mens children but not their own? My ex disappeared when I was pregnant. He has never seen, ask, or talk to our son, whom is 2 now.He denies him although paternity confirms that he is the father. He tells people his now step son is his one and only bio child. He is a...

How to ward off married men, men I don't want? [ 6 Answers ]

I want to know if there's something I'm doing wrong. I keep attracting these married men who or guys who I know don't care about me, but want to use me. And I'm not at all interested in any of them. I know I may be a kind, nice person but I'm no dummie either. And I tell these men I am celibate and...

View more questions Search