Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    User80 Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Oct 11, 2013, 02:19 PM
    Should I move or stay where I am
    Ok so here is a really tough choice I have run into 😳 the place I live in is kind of crappy and there are others around that are trashy people. So far been here about 6 months everyone minds there business and landlord does fix important things. He also pays water and mows the lawn. The other sucky thing is there are stray dogs for days!! Well my daughter found two nice cabins in bfe there are NO neighbors and the one I will be renting is really nice. Same price in rent I'm paying now only thing is the guy renting them wants NO responsibility to any repairs on anything and we have to do yard work . Also the cabin she will be renting needs MAJOR work I'm talking plumbing and few holes in walls and floor. I really do like the fact that we would have no neighbors and the cabin we would be in is really nice. I'm just afraid of all the what ifs like if the stove or refrig quits that's on us. A water pipe busts it's on us. I just don't know if it's a good choice. Oh and it does not have a washer dryer hook up where the place I'm at does that's important. What should I do??
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 11, 2013, 02:27 PM
    Stay where you are unless you like fixing someone else's stuff. Or get a better deal on the rent when you fix his stuff, and hope he doesn't jack the rent up, or move in someone who can pay more for a nicer place you have fixed up.

Oct 11, 2013, 02:46 PM
    Wow so true! My first feeling is don't move and I just called and talked to my dad he said follow my gut!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 11, 2013, 02:55 PM
    Speaking as a former tenant and now a homeowner, I assure you that maintaining a home all by yourself, unless you are knowledgeable and strong, is not for you.
    Water: well? Do you know what to do?
    Sewer: septic? Same
    Heat: furnace or boiler? Oil, gas, or electric? Or none, perhaps a woodstove?
    Hot water - off boiler, or stand alone tank?
    Electric - what if there is a power outage? Do you have a generator, and do you know how to use it? What if pipes freeze during an outage?
    Wild animals? Not one bit of garbage outside, right?

Oct 11, 2013, 05:00 PM
    Trust me I know oh so well how it is soooo hard being a home owner! We once bought a fixer upper and well it burned down and let me tell you it was a lot of hard work and a lot of things were still being fixed!! I don't know if I ever want to own again!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I stay or do I move on ? [ 1 Answers ]

I started speaking to her online for a long time and we got very close.she told me everything about her and we instantly clicked and had a deep connection. We met up she instantly liked me a lot and we made it official we were together.. then I met her again and she eventually told me she loves...

Should I stay or move on? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for 2yrs now I'm 22 his 23, he has never introduce me to his family because of the culture thing. He has never wanted to meet mine even though they know about him. He doesn't tell me he loves me unless I say it to him, lately we have been having problems because I...

Should I stay with him or move on? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I am going out with this guy that is 16 years old. The first I met him he was nice and we ended up going out. Weeks passed by and we finally did it! 3 days after I found out that he was cheating on me with another girl. Me and the girl kept on talking about him. He stopped calling me and...

Stay or Move? [ 14 Answers ]

I've been dating my boyfriend for a little over a year. He bought a house in November and we moved in together in December. We didn't do this for our relationship, it was more along the lines of him "striking while the iron is hot" and purchasing a house because he could. I moved in to ease the...

Try and stay or move on [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I have only been married for one year and in that year of being in the same house with him I am seeing and finding out things about him that not only bothers me but scars me. Ever since we have had to share responsibility he lies about everything; like making the house payment to...

View more questions Search