Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Flatty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2013, 11:55 AM
    Kohler K-304-K valve has plenty of cold water pressure, but no hot water pressure
    So I just installed a K-304-k into a house. The house has been vacant for about 15 months now, so no one has been using the water. I came in and replaced the valve, and closed up the wall. I installed all the fixtures, and sure enough, no hot water. It comes out in a slow trickle. Here are some of the things that could help solve the problem

1. When I stubbed out the copper, the galvi pipes looked CLEAN
    2. The water heater is in the back of the house, and this is in the front.
    3. The water heater is off, and the top valve was actually turned off as well, but the heater was full of water
    4. I have plenty of water pressure at the kitchen and the lavi. The flow of water is from the heater to the kitchen, then to the lavi, then the shower

I am moving into thhis house tomorrow, and I have a 2 year old daughter who LOVES her baths. I have to be able to fix this ASAP.

Thanks
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Oct 11, 2013, 01:06 PM
    Down load installation instructions.
    http://www.us.kohler.com/webassets/k.../1110626_2.pdf

Remove cartridge, turn on water briefly to insure that hot water pipe and port are clear. Reinstall cartridge and adjust temperature. See page 14 of instructions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low cold water pressure, good hot water pressure on well system [ 0 Answers ]

Have a house on a well system. House is 24 years old, and over past year have noticed a continual decrease in cold water pressure. Hot water is fine. Well system maintains roughly a 42- 46 psi. The house has 40 psi at main line. House had flexible plastic water lines throughout, When flow...

New hot water heater installed, but no hot water pressure. Plenty of cold water? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I own a small plumbing service and have a problem I've never encountered before. I installed a new top vented gas water heater for a customer. Turned the main back on, bled air out of the lines, etc. Problem is there is no hot water pressure throughout the house. Cold water pressure is fine....

Low hot water pressure on a kitchen sink, good cold water pressure [ 4 Answers ]

I have a single faucet sink where the cold water pressure is fine and all other sinks have good hot and cold water pressure. I replaced the kitchen faucet two years ago along with new lines. As of late I'm getting very little hot water pressure along with having to run the water for about 10...

Weak Hot Water Pressure with Kohler Single Handle Shower Valve [ 3 Answers ]

So I have a single handle shower made by Kohler that is only 2 years old. I have regular water pressure from the tub faucet but the shower when turned up hot has a diminished flow. When you turn the sink or flush the toilet in the same bathroom the pressure is actually much better. I adjusted the...

Hot water pressure down in spite of strong cold water pressure. [ 0 Answers ]

I have already cleaned the Megaflo cold water valve unit. The Megaflo Heatrae Sadia is only 3/5 years old. What should I do?

View more questions Search