Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sunshinedoggy Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2013, 08:43 AM
    Question about my medical records:
    Hello, I am a 42 year old woman with 2 children.

I received my medical records recently, which I asked the desk 3 weeks ago.

I started to read through all my records, then I have some that I can't understand because they were different what my GYN told me.

1. my GYN told me that I don't have endometrial hyperplasia.
    But, in the paper, Endometiral hyperplasia 621.30 at the Active problems.

My endometrium is 3.07cm. My uterus is retroverted and very homegenous.
    Ovaries are normal.

On the result of my D&C,
    f.. Multiple fragments of proliferative endometrial tissue, a few fragments of
    f.. endocerival tissue with mild chronic inflammation and focal squamous
    Metaplasia.

2. I had a thyroid blood test for hypothyroidism, then my GYN talked to me on the phone that my TF4 is normal, so not hypothyroid.
    But, in the paper, Thyroid Function Tests Nonspecific Abnormal Findings 794.5
    At the Active problems.

T4, Free ( direct) result 1.11 hg/dll Flag Reference Range 0.82-1.77

More than this endometrium problems, I have had pains in my bladder. I have an apppointment for an urologist in December.
    Do you think the endometrium problem is related to my bladder too?

I am very confused... Could you help me out?
    LCrosby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2013, 10:02 AM
    Often in billing the code reflects what the test was looking for, not the result of the test. Look at your lab sheets for test results. There are usually normal ranges listed to compare your result to. If it is still confusing, call your doctors office. Often the nurse can clear up any questions. Medical people are just people, and mistakes can be made. Being proactive is always a good idea. Good luck.

Oct 11, 2013, 12:29 PM
    Thank you for your response, LCrosby. I checked out the lab sheets for the test results.

The endometrium biopsy test result:

Microscopic diagnosis:
    f.. Multiple fragments of proliferative endometrial tissue, a few fragments of
    f.. endocerival tissue with mild chronic inflammation and focal squamous
    Metaplasia.

My GYN wrote down on the paper:
    GYN findings: Uterus is retroverted, very homogenous, Hyperplasia, some increase in vascularity, ovaries are normal.

I am very worried because I don't have an insurance because my husband thinks that I don't have any problems. I asked my GYN and nurse about my health problem, they told me that they were just benign, don't worry about it. So, he believes what they said.
    However, my GYN also told me to the only way to fix my problem is remove my uterus.
    So, she wants me to take low doses of birth control pill for 3 months if my wall gets thinner and problem relieved before she makes the decision.
    Do you know how much cost to do a Hysterectomy without an insurance?

Anyway, I better call the nurse about that as you suggested me. Thank you for your kindness.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2013, 05:52 PM
    OBAMACARE. Sign up now.

Oct 13, 2013, 10:36 AM
    Hello ma0641,

Yes, I know about it, which will fine people who have no insurance coverage from 2014.
    I hope my husband will have our health insurance covered instead of paying the Obamacare penalty, but more likely he rather pay for the penalty.

In the U.S, it is really expensive to get health insurances,especially for self-employed.

Oct 13, 2013, 10:56 AM
    Continue:
    Obamacare doen't look good that only 51k people signed up. My husband will be glad that he wants to kick him out on the next election.
    The problem is that is too expensive to get health insurance covered.
    Decent family coverage is about $1000 a month, which we can't afford.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Medical records request [ 40 Answers ]

I have had my detailed medical records requested. Are there limitations on what a probation officer can request?

Fee for Medical Records? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a ins agent helping a elderly man claim on a cancer policy. I have an authorization to obtain his Med info. I have filed thousands of claims over 23 yrs. First time I ever had a doctors office what to charge me for the records. Since most doctors and hospital income come from Ins companies,...

I want my medical records [ 14 Answers ]

Recently ,I found out that after losing my insurance for three years (medicaid) when I went to the doctor(lame description) they had somehow misplaced all my records.Even the lame doctor who I saw said she was aghast about the whole thing.. PLEASE! She was a horrible doctor! Lost my Medicaid...

Medical Records from Pregnancy [ 5 Answers ]

How can the father and/or the grandmother get the medical records of the mother while she was pregnant? My son was told in June that his girlfriends was pregnant. Therefore in August he married her. During this time her due date changed from march 30 to march 7 to April 19. My son never got to...

Medical records [ 1 Answers ]

Does HIPPA affect the person to have access to their medical records?

View more questions Search