Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dawnandracki Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2013, 11:04 PM
    Ceiling fan wiring
    Inside the ceiling fan there is 1 grey wire that comes off the reverse switch that isn't connected to anything... I don't see where it would go. Does anyone.know?
    AnswerMan5000 Posts: 186, Reputation: 3

Oct 14, 2013, 09:38 AM
    See if this helps you and let me know.

Ceiling Fan Wiring Guide - Wire Colors & Step by Step

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring a ceiling fan light 3way and fan separately [ 1 Answers ]

I have a three way switch located on 2 adjoining walls, 14-3 wire from each switch to ceiling box for fan, light. Power source 14-2 into ceiling box. Question is, I would like to have switches run the light and have the fan powered all the time and operate by pull chain, can this be done? If so,...

Hunter fan ceiling fan remote override wiring [ 0 Answers ]

Hunter ceiling fan with light; wall switch has one switch that goes to light and one switch that goes to fan. There is one white wire and one black wire coming from switches into fan receiver. There is a blue and white wire going from receiver to light. There are 4 wires going from receiver to fan,...

Wiring Ceiling Fan with no white wire in ceiling [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, I'm trying to install a ceiling fan in an old house (about 60+ years). I have a new ceiling fan with 4 wires, black, blue, white, and green. On the ceiling, there are only three wires, 2 copper wires (unfortunately no colors, just a dark covering over both), and a green wire, which has...

Ceiling fan wiring, 2 blk, 2 what, 1 red, 1 grn from ceiling [ 3 Answers ]

I am attempting to install a hampden bay minuet 2 fan. The prexisting ceiling wires consist of two black, two white, 1 red, and my ground wire. A basic lite fixture was installed previously and controlled by a single wall switch. The wall switch has 1 red on the bottom and two black on the top...

Old wiring for ceiling fan [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. We are wanting to install a newer ceiling fan in our 60 year old house. We currently have an old ceiling fan, took it down, and there are more wires than on our newer fan. Not sure how to hook this up. The wires coming out of the ceiling are as follows: 1 green (ground I think) 2 red 1 white...

View more questions Search