Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cgeeam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2013, 09:17 PM
    Foot...
    Hi, I'm a heavy smoker with a horrible diet and sleep regimen, I have suffered from multiple minor/borderline major knee, foot, back, and neck injuries that have healed but still act up every now and then because they still aren't right, I don't know if any of that information will provide more depth. Wednesday I was Walking at school (9:00am) and my left leg from my knee froze up and went numb, like it some times does, I passed it off as nothing and went about my day as normal and it went away. Later on as I was at work (4:00pm) after walking through the cold with thin shoes on my feet where numb and they came back after warming up except the three middle toes and down on the bottom of my foot to my heel. It feels like I'm walking with a soft thick material stuck to the middle of the bottom of my foot and toes, every step I feel the pressure of the floor inside my foot instead of under my foot. Ever sense my first realization of this incredibly annoying phenomenon with my foot it has not wavered 'nor changed even still as I type this. Id like to know what may be causing this aliment, should I have concern, and how may I possibly fix it. Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated because it is, starting to concern me.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 11, 2013, 03:58 AM
    Legs are a double whammy, because you are mixing nerve pain from old injuries with the fact that your legs have the most work pumping blood back up to your heart. Given that you are a heavy smoker, and given that this new sensation is on your left (the side of your heart), you need to have a complete physical. Something serious, possibly vascular, could be going on.
    Of course 'fixing it' will mean quitting smoking... no amount of heart or other type of medication can counteract the effects. I realize that will be extremely difficult. Look into transitioning with patches, and maybe e-cigs, whatever you can possibly stand. If you care about yourself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sharp pain - right foot / outside of right foot just before arch of foot [ 3 Answers ]

Started in December when I had done a day's worth of Christmas shopping. Pain got so bad that it just hurt to walk / any pressure. Went to doctor and got some pain med - no x-rays / he didn't really do anything other than listen to what I had to say about it. Now it's roughly 3 months later and...

Foot pain side of foot, feels painful but better when I squeeze my foot [ 4 Answers ]

It is midway down my right foot and only foot massage seems to apease it, but itsgetting worse and hurts earlier and earlier each evening. The central point is midway and for the ultimate in relief is to squeeze my feet down the sides, but that also sends me into agony once squeezed, but the long...

How much per foot should I charge per foot to dig, install, cover and seed a waterlin [ 3 Answers ]

4" ductile iron, 1 fire hydrant, 1 blow off valve and 4 gate valves. Also digging a pit to bore under the road. Approximately 2000 feet of line. They are providing all the supplys. I'm using a Kubota excavator and a 1 ton dump truck. Also making taps from water line to a curb stop. Property...

Live-in converted 38 foot travel trailer with 40 foot framed addition [ 0 Answers ]

I live in my ex wife's older 1978 38 foot travel trailer.I bought it from her,so "we" could buy some real-estate with two mobilehomes on it.I applied for County's Home Repair Grant/Loan ,through the County Housing Community Development.I tried to get a "Statement of Construction from DMV,via...

View more questions Search