Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rabbitforum Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2013, 12:14 PM
    Rabbit looking very uncomfortable and not eating
    7 year old bunny has not eaten since this morning and is looking very uncomfortable. He has poo'd in the last 3 hours, but is moving about as if he has gi stasis. He had the same thing last night, but eventually ate some apple. He Seemed back to normal this morning & ate a god portion of broccoli& cauliflower for breakfast, but now he is back to looking uncomfortable again& refusing even apple. If not better by the morning then I think it will have to be a trip to the vet. He is also moulting at the moment - so maybe fur in his belly? Any idea, I'm really getting worried now.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 10, 2013, 02:35 PM
    Does your rabbit also get daily timothy hay? It's very important, especially when they're moulting. Timothy hay helps with digestion, it's what keeps rabbits from getting hair balls. Do not give hair ball medication. Rabbits can't vomit. Hair ball meds will likely kill him, or make him even sicker than he is.

A rabbit that's not eating needs to see a vet asap. Rabbits have a unique digestive system. They must eat every day, otherwise they die very quickly. Rabbits are prey animals, they don't show that they're ill until they're very ill and can no longer hide it. If your bunny isn't eating, and is lethargic, he is very sick indeed.

You'll need to take him to the vet, a rabbit vet would be the best as not all vets know how to care for rabbits.

I wish you all the best. I hope everything works out okay.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My rabbit has given birth to 1 rabbit but it was dead. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I need some advice. I found 2 rabbits, 1 male ,1 female about two months ago. I took them to the vets and they we're healthy. So I took them home and separated them about a month ago because I saw the male mount the female. I couldn't have separated them sooner as I had nowhere to put the...

Uncomfortable [ 0 Answers ]

I feel uncomfortable doing forplay with my hubby I don't know before I meet him I've did all that with someone else and I don't mind an liked it but with him I just don't like it what should I do?

Uncomfortable [ 2 Answers ]

Strong smell,clear gel like discharge.occasionally itchiness and burning when passing urine and frequently urinating

Does Eating the Crust of a Pizza Count as Eating a Bread Concerning Nutrition? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, All! Well, does it? I would think that eating at least the larger, rear end of it would count as some sort of bread. Thanks!

I'm a firt time rabbit and is a rabbit OK in the weather where I live? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I've looked in book and the internet and I've nothing I would like to know if I could keep a rabbit outside in when its warm and then bring him in when its cold because I'm afraid the weather where I live is to cold for him:confused:

View more questions Search