Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drio Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2013, 02:42 AM
    How to treat developmental dysplasia of the left hip in late 20s?
    While browsing the net yesterday, I found out that I've been suffering from DDH since a child. I've never been (taken) to the doctor for this problem. Now I'm in my late 20s and don't know what to do.
    Do I stand any chance of returning to normality? Thanks.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2013, 07:59 AM
    How about going to a doctor and have them diagnose you instead of trying to do it yourself? They have the medical training.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Oct 10, 2013, 08:03 AM
    Unless you have several years of medical school and your MD you didn't diagnose anything. What you've done is found something that is eerily similar to what you're experiencing and ASSUMED that is what you have.

The next step, as smoothy said, is to confirm this with a medical professional. They're say whether you've got hip dysplasia or something else.
    drio Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2013, 04:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CravenMorhead View Post
    Unless you have several years of medical school and your MD you didn't diagnose anything. What you've done is found something that is eerily similar to what you're experiencing and ASSUMED that is what you have.

The next step, as smoothy said, is to confirm this with a medical professional. They're say whether or not you've got hip dysplasia or something else.
    Thanks for the advice. I have no medical background but based on the symptoms mentioned there, I think this is my condition. Anyway, you're right I need to see a doctor (but the point is that where I live in Europe the state health service is very ineffective, while the private healthcare is too expensive.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pain started in left back hip moved to front left groin and pain is unbarible cannot [ 1 Answers ]

I went for a walk and the next day I woke up with terrible pain in my back left hip for a week and woke up and I can't walk because the pain moved to my left groin area close to vaginal area and I am haviving muscle spasms in my left thigh. Its so bad it feels like someone just hit the inside of my...

Feline hip dysplasia or other joint issues present within the first few weeks of life [ 1 Answers ]

We found a kitten in the dumpster behind our house a couple weeks ago, we think she's about 5 weeks old now. We think her leg has fallen out of the hip socket. We tried taking her to our vet's but it was closed for the weekend. She's still eating and going to the bathroom. It's just obvious that it...

When I take a step, my left hip fells like it can't support me [ 1 Answers ]

Female, 59, left hip seems to give away when I take a step, no pain involved

Follow Up To Limping Dog Yesterday. Hip Dysplasia [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: My dog Max ended up showing shallow hip sockets and being diagnosed with Hip Dysplasia yesterday. I was not with my husband so I didn't get to discuss it with the vet, and I have a list of questions. I do plan to get in this weekend to discuss it with her but was wondering what sort...

View more questions Search