Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TaylorLautner12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2013, 12:25 AM
    Death of Boyfriend
    What do you do if your boyfriend died and you can't forget him??
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 10, 2013, 04:32 AM
    Why do you think you are suppose to forget ?

How old are you, how long ago did he die, it takes time to grieve?

Susan my wife, died about 25 plus years ago, I have remarried, had another wife die and remarried again, but have not forgotten Susan, a special song may play and still bring a tear to my eye. Moving on and getting on with life, does not mean forgetting.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 10, 2013, 04:45 AM
    Fr_Chuck, that was so well said!

When you lose someone to death, you become a different person. You make the person you lost a little part of you to carry around in your heart, how you think, how you treat other people, the compassion you have for them when they are grieving too.

Talk to him as you go about your day. Laugh when he would have laughed, and be sad when something makes you wish he were there. Don't try to fight it.

I have loved and lost in my 66 years. The last person was my dad, the sweetest man in the world. I have little ways of 'keeping' him around, such as wearing his slippers, despite being much too big for me. Boyfriends/husbands/friends, I have mementos. You can plant something. Draw a picture, write a story, for that person. He is alive in you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I deal with the death of my boyfriend [ 18 Answers ]

I have lost my boyfriend three days ago and all I could do is to cry. It happened so sudden and feel life is not fair. He was found lying on the corridor of his house by his mum. We loved each other to bits and I feel without him life would never be the same. My family and friend are not around...

How to get over the death of a boyfriend [ 5 Answers ]

I came here to ask a question that has already been posted but with the multiple answers they all seem very thoughtful but of no help for me. How do you get over the death of a boyfriend? My mind tells me to move on but my heart won't let me at all. This is hard and its hard to pretend everyday...

Death of Boyfriend [ 13 Answers ]

At the end of February my life was shattered when the guy I honestly thought I was going to marry was killed in a tragic motorcycle accident. It was so sudden. I'm still so bitter. I get mad at happy couples or when people take something for granted. I get angry that it was a 16 year old that hit...

Death of my boyfriend. [ 1 Answers ]

On May 31st, a little over a month ago, my boyfriend commit suicide and my world fell completely apart. He was my best friend and the happiest person I knew. He got along with everyone and rarely did I ever catch him in a bad mood, which makes it so hard to comprehend why he did it. The pain...

View more questions Search