Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Darrenw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2013, 05:03 PM
    Strong smell
    Hi,

I did an Internet search to see if others experienced this. And there are.

Firstly I shall start by saying I'm a smoker for 20yrs, nothing wrong with my sense of smell, so far. But this is a different smell, an inner smell that is strong, repulsive smell. Not only when that hits me, its such a familiar smell that it mentally drags me, like a flashback to when I was younger. It's such a weird experience of being dragged back in time, that I feel sick, fight back mentally to restore my reality and what is happening to me. It happens a maximum of say on average 3 times a week.

It's illogical in my opinion for my head which I control, do something I'm not thinking off. It happens at any moment in time. But that smell. I can sense it lurking in the back, just waiting to strike.

Am I going mad?

Please help if you can answer. All help appreciated.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 8, 2013, 05:53 PM
    Can you identify something that happened when you were younger that might be associated with this smell?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 9, 2013, 06:30 PM
    Have you been checked out by a doctor to make sure your in good health? There are some things that can go on that can cause weird smells to occur that are actually internal. Some like thrush can appear on the tongue and others can be in your intestinal tract.

Get checked before jumping to conclusions.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Oct 10, 2013, 04:52 AM
    I'm with cdad. It certainly can't hurt to get checked out, and then that's one thing you can rule out.
    Craftymoods21 Posts: 15, Reputation: 4

Jun 24, 2014, 11:55 AM
    My husband is diagnosed with non-epileptic seizures and sometimes smell something burning like rubber or worse after the seizure. That's usually a clue for him that he has had one if he cannot recognize there was a lapse of time. I hope this helps as one possibility.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 24, 2014, 12:45 PM
    Certain breeds of dogs with exceptional olfactory abilities have been known to detect seizures before they occur. This is another reason they are used as companion dogs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Strong, weird smell in my house comes and goes. No one else can smell it [ 4 Answers ]

I have been struggling with this issue for about 3 years. A smell comes and goes in my house and we cannot figure out the source. It starts as a wiff of "that smell" and then by the next day it's almost constant. After a few days to a few weeks it goes away. We have had a plumber out to reroute...

Why do I smell strong pipe tobacco when there is no one there [ 2 Answers ]

I go into a room and can sometimes smell pipe tobacco -and neither I or anyone I know smokes at all.

Strong sewege smell in house [ 7 Answers ]

We recently had a large amount of rainfall in Souther California, and ever since that one day of heavy rain, we have been experiencing a very strong sewer smell in our home. At first, we pinpointed it to an upstairs bathroom. When the heater came on, it would pull air from the toilett. So I put a...

Strong smell when heating is on [ 4 Answers ]

We get a strong smell like sulphur in the kitchen when the central heating is on. The boiler is in a small shed outside of the kitchen. We had this last yar but it went and this year we knocked off our heating for a few days when away from home and after we put it back on the smell came...

Strong smell in basement [ 2 Answers ]

There is a strong odor in my basement, and it's getting worse. I can't tell where it's coming from, but it smells very similar to when you burn a pan on the stove or the handle of a pan. It's does seem like a burning kind of smell. I am worried it's electrical, or maybe the furnace. I don't know...

View more questions Search