Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ngzcaz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2013, 03:21 PM
    Airguide Instrument Company banjo barometer
    Recently purchased one of these in really nice condition, solid wood, everything works, very reasonable for less than $ 20.00 Why are these so cheap ? They appear to command a higher price than what they sell for. I may buy another at these prices. Is the quality less/more than Taylor, Linden, Sunbeam etc? Is there any way to tell how old it is ? I've read that if it says Airguide Instrument Company Chicago Illinois in small letters on the curved bottom of the barometer it was made after 1956. There is a single Airguide in larger letters on the face of the barometer.
    The instruments appear to be encased in glass, not plastic and nice solid wood.

Are any of these worth more than others ? I can buy a larger approx 36 inch banjo but I don't know how much to offer and what is a fair price.

Check out some similar questions!

Airguide barometer [ 4 Answers ]

I purchased an Airguide Instrument Company barometer with temperature and humidity dials on it at an auction. I was wondering how to set the barometer and if there are any instruction manuals for this. I also was wondering how to read the barometer.

Airguide instrument company [ 2 Answers ]

I have a beautiful wood framed Airguide weather Instrument designed to be hung on a wall. It belonged to my parents and I would guess that it is approximately 25 to 30 years old. It has always had very good care and looks brand new. It has three separate instruments within a 37" tall (walnut?)...

Airguide Barometer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 40's vintage Airguide Barometer with a broken face glass. I am looking for a replacement glass the glass is 4 3/4 inches in diameter. Any suggestions where I might look for a replacement.

Airguide Barometer [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Airguide Barometer with humidity and temperature indicators as well. The Barometer looks like 60's era equipment. It is an indoor unit wood frame, glass front w/dial indicators and I keep it in the living room. The Barometer reading was 26.5 but online the weather statistics indicated...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.