Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elgovan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2013, 11:03 AM
    What will repel dogs from lawn
    Neighbor walks her dog to the front of my apartment under the patio (2nd floor) and under the window late at night and early morning to poop, what can I use to encourage the dog to go else where, The owner has been warned but still slips and walks dog in this area and will not clean up mess.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2013, 12:10 PM
    If you know whoes dog it is... I'd scoop it up put it in a bucked... and empty the bucket on their porch or door.. I'd also call the police... Doggy DNA will prove its her dog.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 7, 2013, 02:54 PM
    If you've talked to her about this before and she still hasn't picked up after her dog, video taper her dog pooping on your lawn, and complain to the police. In most places it's against the law to not pick up after your dog.

Other than that, you really have no way to keep him off your lawn, unless you're willing to put a fence around your front yard, which doesn't sound like an option since it's an apartment building.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Oct 8, 2013, 08:46 AM
    Try planting citronella grass along your side, dogs don't like it at all and usually try to avoid. You could sprinkle cayenne pepper on the grass, crushing moth balls and sprinkling on the lawn has been known to work too. Also using a solution of vinegar and cayenne could work as well. A motion activated sprinkler would really deter the dog AND the owner! There are also motion activated ultrasonic things you can post to trees or a side of the wall that might do the trick as well.

When my neighbour lets her dogs do their business on my yard, I make sure to fling it right on back over to their side.

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you repel flea bites? [ 4 Answers ]

My wife is very allergic, though the fleas don't bite me and I rarely even know there are some in the house. Is there anyway to make her less of a bite target? Like eating garlic or something? Or is that just vampires?

Repel borders [ 4 Answers ]

The Taliban have a pecular idea that others would not fight as persistently as they do for their homeland. I expect that being confined to a small landlocked part of Asia colours their thinking about their place in the world but to threaten the inhabitants of a place that have at least as feirce a...

Do opposites attract or repel? [ 5 Answers ]

I have liked this guy at my work for a few months now and only got the courage to let him know when I left (a month ago) I sent him an email to say that I would like to keep in touch with him and he replied totally ignoring that part but asking me how I was and that "they" missed me at work. ...

Kids, dogs and dead lawn [ 2 Answers ]

There are always large numbers of children in my back yard that come to play with my grandson who lives with me. We also have two large male dogs. The lawn gets abused every day. There are large dead spots everywhere. Is there a variety of lawn seed that I can use it fill in these spots that is...

What type of lawn to plant with shade, dogs? [ 2 Answers ]

I've got a big dirt patch in my new back yard. The previous owners were horrible to it. I'm trying to figure out what to plant that would grow well in shade. I've got a huge tree in the back yard and get very limited sun. I'm going to get it pruned way back, but it won't make a huge difference. ...

View more questions Search