Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Adurant Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2013, 04:42 AM
    I had my mirena removed Friday
    I had my mirena removed Friday after having it for 4 years. I had mild cramping and light bleeding two weeks prior to its removal. Upon physical exam the dr could not locate the mirena. After an ultra sound it was noted to be in place. Friday my ob performed a procedure dialating my cervix to locate and remove the mirena. After about 45mins the mirena was removed. The day after the procedure I felt great! No cramping or bleeding. However the next day I started having mild cramping and heavy bleeding. The blood is mostly a dark brown color with some red blood. Is this normal?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Oct 7, 2013, 12:41 PM
    From reading of the literature that sounds like a normal reaction. It sounds a little traumatic removing the IUD. If the bleeding goes bright red, or you get bleeding that seems strange, go to your doctor. Better safe then sorry. And with reproductive health, sooner is good.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I had mirena IUD removed [ 0 Answers ]

"I had mirena IUD removed Thursday March 7. Had light bleeding/spotting 3/8, 3/9. Got very crampy and started heavy bleeding Sunday 3/10 and 3/11 tampering down to light bleeding 3/12-3/14. Was intimate 3/13, 3/16, 3/19, 3/23. Started getting crampy 3/21 a..."

Mirena removed [ 0 Answers ]

I had my mirena IUD removed on 1/8/13 which I had in since march 09'... I started bleeding the next day and it was for about 5 days which I assumed was my period, I started birthcontrol pills the Sunday following the removal, I have since taken the last pill and have still not gotten my period....

Removed Mirena [ 2 Answers ]

Took my mirena out the17th of Februarie had unprotected sex with my husband on the third of February, I have not had a period and understand that means I did not ovulate yeat, is there a possibility of being pregnant.

Removed Mirena [ 0 Answers ]

I recently had my Mirena removed due to it expiring almost 11 months ago. I haven't started my period and had unprotected sex. Can I get pregnant?

Mirena IUD removed [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I had the Mirena IUD removed August 31 and started my period the next day on sept 1st. It lasted until about the 5th. My husband and I want to start trying to conceive. We had sex 3/4 days (Aug. 27/28) before I got the Mirena removed and then again on the 3rd or 4th day (Sept.3rd/4th) of my...

View more questions Search