Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    letitbe1111 Posts: 60, Reputation: 5

Oct 5, 2013, 07:27 PM
    Confused 40 year old
    I started dating a shy, successful, sweet man. I liked him very much. He was very busy so we were able to get together about once a week- always on a weekday. (no-not married- I've been to his home) due to weekends of either his daughter or work obligations. He always emailed me for a next date. Then, he invited me over to watch a football game and told me how into me he was. Stupidly, I slept with him. The next week when we went out, he said he was very busy for the next few weeks. I believed him, but asked for a phone call. Instead, more emails. After 2 weeks of no date at all, but a couple of 2 line emails, I emailed him and told him to only phone me. At which point he suggested (via email of course) a break because he is so busy. What the hell? He ended the email saying he hoped I would answer his call in a month or so.

I'm sad. I am 40. I've been dating well over half my life. What do you think this is about? And on a separate note, how do people over 40 cope with this garbage because I'm really sad?
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Oct 5, 2013, 08:15 PM
    I am sorry, but it sounds to me as if he got what he wanted and now he is moving on.

Unfortunately things like this are going to happen. I wouldn't call or email him nor would I accept his calls or emails.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 5, 2013, 08:32 PM
    I wouldn't be too heartbroken about this guy. He obviously doesn't have the time to commit to a relationship, and has no interest in making a relationship work. You deserve better than this. So forget about him, he's a dud, and likely single because of how he acts.

Time to find someone worthy of your time. Someone that's willing to make the time for you, call you, make dates, and actually communicate with you.

Chalk this one up to a lost cause, and move on. Don't let it hurt you, it was a fling, nothing more. He doesn't deserve to have the power to hurt you.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Oct 6, 2013, 01:27 AM
    This guy sounds like a creep. I think you have to not ignore things that just don't make sense. His never calling you, only email is just strange. Then his brushing you off after sex. Cut him off completely and don't ignore red flags. Sorry this happened to you.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 6, 2013, 01:51 AM
    Don't kick yourself. I know it hurts when you sleep with a guy who isn't then eager to see you again and again. It really is possible that it's a coincidence that he was going to be super busy with work. But mainly, I have a feeling it's his daughter who is consuming his time and attention, and the fact that he doesn't want to use the phone is because he doesn't want her to overhear him talking. I know a father who raised two daughters (not even his, his exes from previous marriages!) and refused to get openly involved with women until they were out of high school.
    That's in your guy's defense. But it's no excuse for treating you this way, so dump him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I ended a 6 year relationship and now I'm just confused.. [ 9 Answers ]

I started to get the feeling that I wanted to leave him a few months ago (2ish) when I caught him sexting a girl he had previously worked with but has since gotten a new job. I made him cut all ties and tried moving forward. But I guess I didn't really trust him after that. Then two weeks ago I...

Girlfirend confused in a one year and five months relationship [ 55 Answers ]

I been dating her for a year and five months. We were fiends before that and neither she or I were anyone's type. I got to know her when one of my friends played, had sex and then ignored her. After 3 months of talking, we developed some kind of attraction and close to Xmas we started dating. She...

Rate increase 30% for 1 bedroom after 1 year?confused [ 1 Answers ]

Dear sirs, I live in orange county, ca... I have been at my residence for 6 months.. what is the appropriate rent increase... my landlord wants to raise our rent $330.. or 30%... we called him and he said the rate won't change until the for one year anniversary... for a bedroom!. can...

Confused about 16 year old daughter? [ 9 Answers ]

I remarried a year ago and my daughter has decided she does not want to be a part of my new family. I have not forced her to blend with the family ( My husband has 2 daughters her age) and I was trying to ease into it slowly. I even took a separate vacation just her and my new husband. I have...

My 17 year old daughter is very confused about her keeping the baby or not [ 10 Answers ]

Hi I Have A 17 Year Old Daughter Who Has Moved In With He Boyfriend And Now She Is Pregnant. Her Boyfriend Doesn't Want The Baby And Tells Her That If She Has The Baby He Is Going To Leave Her. He Wants For Her To Get An Abortion. She Doesn't Want To Get An Abortion. She Wants To Keep The Baby. But...

View more questions Search