Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pwiese Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2013, 05:51 PM
    All my cold water turned hot
    All my cold water taps has hot water coming from it. Same temp as the hot water tap. What could be the cause?

Thanks
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2013, 07:03 PM
    What, if anything, was recently done to the plumbing? Was or is a recirculating pump in the system?
    Pwiese Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2013, 09:32 PM
    No, no recirculater. I removed two sepatare hor and cold faucets/taps in the shwer and replaced it with a single mixer as part of a 3/4 length shower column. This was done on Friday morning already and the problem only started on the Saturday evening.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2013, 09:35 AM
    Is this a problem in just the shower or the whole house? If the shower, pull the handle off and rotate the cartridge 180 degrees.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 6, 2013, 11:13 AM
    You have either installed the valve incorrectly (piping wise) or have a faulty valve cartridge. I would be willing to bet that it is something you did wrong! Are you a plumber? Have you had years and years of experience with all types of plumbing related scenarios? No? Okay. Time to get a plumber in there. I have been on this plumbing forum for a few years, and I have tried to help. Now is where it ends. I can type and type and type, but in the end run I have no idea who I am helping, or if I helped them at all. I have come to the conclusion that I need to do work for, and help the people in my small community. Sure, I can give advice,, but as any expert here knows, advice through a keyboard does not really amount too much.

Pw. This rant of mine is not directed at you, and it is not directed at any of the experts that take their time here to help people. It is merely my way of saying " I want to spend my time helping the local community that I live in. I want to make a difference, but I am also selfish and want to see the people in person that I made happy." I want face to face feedback, good or bad. In this way, I have a more in tuned view of what I need to do better, or change. I have come to a point that makes me realize that I am not an online expert. I am a hands on, real world expert. I know my trade, I do not know how to describe every aspect of my trade through the internet. And I no longer feel that I should try doing such.

I AM A MASTER PLUMBER, A SMALL BUSINESS OWNER, A GOOD PERSON WITH A GREAT FAMILY. This is all I need. You all take care now, you hear?

Motto for the day.. PLUMBING,, NOT AS EASY AS IT APPEARS!
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Oct 6, 2013, 05:01 PM
    OK, see you tomorrow.

PS
    Think about all the people you have helped even though you didn't know them.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Oct 6, 2013, 05:35 PM
    Hi Lee! Harold presented the short version, so I thought I would present the Lonnnggg version (big surprise anyone? ).

I read what you wrote and I immediately started to laugh... did you copy that letter I wrote back about 3 years ago, or maybe the similar letter I wrote a couple months back? I'll tell you, it sure sounded like it! I swear, there have been more than a number of times over the last 5 years that I was sure I was done with all this!

Anyway, I don't want to make light of what you present here, but I did want you to know that you are not alone in your frustration with things!

Here's how I'll leave it with you...

Take a break or go away and never post another thing to the page, but know something (and I hope I can speak for all the regulars here)... know that you made some friends here and that is something, that if you choose to continue, is really always here for you, online or offline!

At a minimum, you touch base on occasion, OK, or you keep posting when it fits into your schedule as Harold is betting... LOL!?

Mark
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Oct 7, 2013, 10:14 AM
    Think of the regulars that post on the people threads, the "Am I pregnut", "I'm on probation and I got violated", "I stole, what's going to happen to me" threads. Must be the most frustrating thing in the world. Must seem like people don't ever learn, don't like your answer, and never a "Thank You"

I think the "I got violated" gets me the most. Not, "I got a second chance and screw it up." Not "I violated" but "I got violated" like "I got a cold" or someone is being mean to me.

Mark, you should be good for another 5 years. I see someone actually told you "Thank You".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water is dripping on hot water side even when it is turned off but cold isn\ [ 1 Answers ]

My kitchen sink was dripping faucet I turne off valves for both hot and cold and realized it was hot. I trie to remove left hot handle to check rings but it woundn't come off. So I shut off hot valve from underneath and that fixed the drip. But now its dripping underneath on hot side with cold...

Hot water turned yellow after I turned the mane valve off to replace an old tap. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Hot water turned yellow after I turned the mane valve off to replace an old tap. There is no low pressure or any other sign of airlock and cold water is of a normal quality but hot water looks dirty and fills like it has some particles in it. What the issue could be? And how it can be fixed?

Hot water when cold tap is first turned on [ 5 Answers ]

When we turn on the cold taps in kitchen or 3 bathrooms (sink and bathtub/shower), very hot water comes out for about 2 minutes until it cools down enough to wash hands, get a glass of water, etc. We have also had to replace the kitchen faucet due to it dripping and leaking around the bonnet. Two...

My tub cold tap drowns out hot water even when only turned a little? [ 3 Answers ]

I get good pressure and everything. But when I turn my tub hot tap on everything is fine but if I also turn on the cold even a little it drowns out the warmth of the hot water right away. Faucets are taps (seperate one for cold and for hot) with a pull out stick thing to activate shower head.

I only get hot bath water when cold tap in sink is turned on why? [ 0 Answers ]

I had a problem with boiler not operating during hot water demand. Central heating is fine. I switched off boiler for a minute and switched it on again and got continued hot water from Kitchen and bathroom sink and for a while in the bath. But after a while water in bath turned cold. Now I can...

View more questions Search