Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 6, 2013, 10:59 AM
    It is with your wise mind that you are thinking through this so well, even understanding (and I hope forgiving) my poor attempt at humor. I like how you list what you are doing. That shows organization and deductive reasoning. I like how you are taking care of yourself by going back to basics, with the gym membership, and with the system you've figured out for binge eating. We should all be so mindful!

And I finally got answers to my sea turtle questions. There's a nifty website all about this NC project (NC Sea Turtle Project). I didn't realize what a huge project it is. You might enjoy reading that site too.
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Oct 6, 2013, 11:04 AM
    There is nothing to forgive WG. It was not done out of spite or mean intentions. Mindfulness is helpful for all but at times hard to achieve that is for sure.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 6, 2013, 04:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mogrann View Post
    Thank you both. Yes WG I understand you had good intentions but to be honest a fake chuckle makes me feel like I am posting for just attention. I know that is my judgements but heck who would I be without my odd judgements. :)
    I have not figured out what is going on but I have made some progress.
    1. Been using skills and diary cards
    2. Going out today and getting sneakers then joining a gym for 10 a month. I think part of the problem is Insanity work out is too hard on me physically. That was leading to self hatred and judgements.
    3. I will combat my binging by only eating at meal times. If I want a snack I have to sit down in wise mind and think do I really want it or is it emotional eating /binge eating.
    You're doing awesome.

I will tell you this. My friend, has the same name as you actually, does the Insanity workout. This girl is buff, in great shape. She's been working out for years, and it shows. Insanity kicked her butt. She said it was the hardest workout she's ever done. So don't beat yourself up for not being able to handle it. Not many can.

I think the gym is a great idea. One thing I'd recommend, make a friend at the Gym, or get a friend to join with you. If you have someone to go with you'll go. It's often very easy to say "I'll just go tomorrow" if it's only up to you. If you have support, and someone to go with, you'll go.

You're such a strong person Mogrann. I'm so proud of you!
    Dogs Expert

Oct 6, 2013, 05:27 PM
    I did it. Got new sneakers. Cheap ones but got them. I also went to the gym but they were closed, only open for members at that time. So I signed up online for a membership.
    I do want to say one thing. I don't see what the big deal is about Target. They finally come to Canada and what a sucky selection of sneakers for ladies. 2 pairs. Cheap looking but expensive. Starting to wonder if the ones in the US have a better selection then here. Also noticed lots of empty sections on the shelves like they can not get enough stock in.
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Oct 6, 2013, 06:07 PM
    Obviously, I don't know all that you have been through, but your loving and sincere nature shines through in your posts.
    So forgive me for interrupting but,
    Targets' shoe selection sucks,
    Sea turtles are cool,
    Insanity workout is insane, have you ever tried Yoga, very relaxing,
    I hate phones, for no particular reason, I just do,
    And Owen is a lucky dog
    Take care of yourself, whatever that entails. I'm sensing that you have a good grasp on what it takes to look after YOU.
    I know I don't know you as well as the others but, you'll be in my thoughts tonight.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 6, 2013, 06:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LadySam View Post
    Obviously, I don't know all that you have been through, but your loving and sincere nature shines through in your posts.
    So forgive me for interrupting but,
    Targets' shoe selection sucks,
    Sea turtles are cool,
    Insanity workout is insane, have you ever tried Yoga, very relaxing,
    I hate phones, for no particular reason, I just do,
    And Owen is a lucky dog
    Take care of yourself, whatever that entails. I'm sensing that you have a good grasp on what it takes to look after YOU.
    I know I don't know you as well as the others but, you'll be in my thoughts tonight.
    You're just awesome. You really are. And you're dead on accurate too! :)
    Dogs Expert

Oct 6, 2013, 07:03 PM
    This is why I love this site.. you guys are so supportive. Thank you all

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help figuring out a movie [ 1 Answers ]

There is a man running from the police and for some reason I keep thinking they were nazis . They catch up to him in a building and he ends up jumping to his death rather than being caught. People gather around him as he dies on the sidewalk below.?

Need help figuring out the name of a movie; I think it's from the 90's [ 3 Answers ]

I have very vague memory of this movie. I remember that each scene is shown a couple of times from different perspectives showing how the outcome could be so different based on one little choice being different. I remember revolving doors or subway doors, or something of that nature. Each time the...

One more I need help figuring out.. Thanks [ 0 Answers ]

Nice piece marked Lamont. Thanks all for your help

I need help with figuring this out [ 3 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, Sorry, this may be kind of long, but advise me if you can. I am a college student (senior) and I met a guy 3 years ago as a freshman. (Yes, we had sex... safe sex of course). I don't really remember why we stopped talking 3 years ago, but I recently saw him on the street....

View more questions Search