Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jonesleonard Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2013, 06:03 PM
    visa to the usa
    I meet my girlfriend online from africa and want get a visa so she can come live with me in the usa
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Oct 4, 2013, 06:44 PM
    You're probably being scammed. Has she asked you you for money yet?
    jonesleonard Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2013, 07:37 PM
    I am wanting to get my girlfriend who live in africa a visa so she can live with me in the usa. Want to know how much it will cost me. And what I got to do. No she hasn't ask me for no money.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 5, 2013, 01:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesleonard View Post
    I am wanting to get my girlfriend who live in africa a visa so she can live with me in the usa. Want to know how much it will cost me. And what i got to do. No she hasnt ask me for no money.
    She has to apply for the visa herself, by contacting the US consulate where she lives.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 5, 2013, 03:30 AM
    Africa is a Continent not a country, so where is she really from, my guess will be Ghana, that is where 99 percent of all dating scams happen.

It works like this, she will talk to you for one to three months and then need money for visa, and passport, if you pay that, she will come up with money for a physical exam, then she will want money in the bank to prove she can leave the country.

She will ask for about 10,000 to 15,000 total.

The visa and passport should not cost more than 300 US total. There is no medical needed, and no money in the bank needed.

She will need to come visit you, or you her first before she can come to live with you forever.

Most of these use large rooms with dozens of people working, that do the texting. And prepared speaches
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Oct 5, 2013, 12:33 PM
    The possibility to get visitor visa to US is equivalent to zero for people from countries in Africa. Since you have met online, I suggest you go to meet her face to face, and then if you two click, then you have a choice to pursue fiancé visa.

Be careful, the one who is talking to you may not be the one in the picture. Check "info" in the header of your email, you will know where they're sent from... probably Ghana or Nigeria, all of which are known worldly as scammers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Usa visa for spouse of indian working in usa [ 0 Answers ]

Dear, How to get visa for a BE girl who is going to marry an indian working in usa having Hib visa. Pl help and do the needful. Regards Sridhar

Spouse f2 visa travel to usa while husband change of status from f1 to H1B visa? [ 1 Answers ]

I was on F1 Visa and my wife holds valid F2 dependent visa. But now my status changed from F1 to H1B. My question is, Can my wife who is currently in India travel on her valid F2 dependent visa or she is required to get the H4 visa to travel back to USA.

How to convert B2 visa to F1 visa in USA? [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently staying with my fiancée (J1) and I have B2 visa? I want to study in usa. How can I do that while I am here?

Can we apply for a visitors visa for my parents who are on B2 Visa in USA [ 1 Answers ]

My Parents and Inlaws are on a visitors visa(B2) in USA. They wish to travel to Canada for a visit. Are they eligilble to apply for a canada visitors visa. If so what are the documents needed for them. Also can I club them with my application. I am on H1. Thanks, Abhijit

View more questions Search