Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ffcastbr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2013, 05:12 PM
    Heat transfer/ Gulf Stream
    Where does the heat carried by the gulf stream go when it cools? And besides the Gulf Stream what other currents also transfer heat from the tropics to the higher latitudes?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2013, 08:03 AM
    Heat transfer to the cooler air. It is then dispersed by the wind currents. Look at what happens in a cold front-the air from the gulf comes inland raising the air temp.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat Transfer [ 0 Answers ]

Any help will be appreciated, In an experiment to determine the rate at which heat is extracted from a hot material, 305 g of the material at 90 °C is put into a 50 mm diameter copper vessel to a depth of 90 mm as shown below. The hot material and calorimeter are placed in a container holding...

Unit conversion of specific heat to heat transfer coefficient (U factor) [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know the conversion of "Specific Heat"(KJ/Kg/K) to "Overall Heat Transfer Coefficient"(W/m2/K) for the calculation of heat load. Looking forward for the answers. Immediate reply would be appreciated. Thanks, Rupesh

Heat transfer [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to install a geothermal heat pump system. My house sits upon granite rock. If I have a vertical hole drilled 150 - 450 feet down, would there be any pros or cons to drilling in rock versus soil base for thermal release to heat pump system? In other words, would the system work better...

View more questions Search