Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ffcastbr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2013, 04:51 PM
    Oceanography. Help please!
    This is a lab report so I need simple short answers.

Procedure:
    1. Go to oceanmotion.org
    2. Under Data Resources, open Solar Energy Model.
    3. Answer following question.

1) Go to December in the drop down menu under month. December is the Winter solstice.
    Where is the highest solar insolation and where is the lowest insolation? Where possible, give a latitude range.
    2) Note that during the summer solstice the South Pole gets 24 hours of sunlight but the incoming light is NOT intense. Use this information to explain the pattern you see knowing that the South Pole remains cool. Cold on the summer solstice?
    3) Does the solar insolation in the tropics go very low? What effect do you think this has on the temperature in the tropics?
    4) As review, what is the general pattern of global sea surface temperature( where is the high and where is the low and does it vary with latitude or longitude?
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Oct 4, 2013, 05:04 PM
    We help here, but we don't do your homework. Post your answers and we'll help you from there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oceanography help [ 3 Answers ]

The herbivorous and carnivorous microscopic organisms that drift with the currents and tides are called?

Oceanography help [ 0 Answers ]

Please please! I have extra credit due tomorrow and I really need it but I don't understand it :( here is one question please help me Wave1 length 500 meters height 3 meters A.to what depth will water be moved by this wave? B. what is the steepness? C. If the depth to the ocean floor in this...

What is oceanography [ 3 Answers ]

What is oceanography

View more questions Search