Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SmileSmilesBack Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2007, 10:46 PM
    Fake Pregnancy Belly
    I am looking for a good fake belly for a one act at a local theater, the budget is small and all the participants are volunteers. We are all new to this and I am not sure how to go about finding good props online. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    misshimso55 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Mar 29, 2007, 07:51 AM
    Try The Empathy Belly Pregnancy Simulator
    I hope this helps.
    prettyinpunk85 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2007, 01:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SmileSmilesBack
    I am looking for a good fake belly for a one act at a local theater, the budget is small and all the participants are volunteers. We are all new to this and I am not sure how to go about finding good props online. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    You can make one, that is relatively cheap by taking a piece of green foam, (soft foam) like packing foam, and shaping it. Then simply sew cloth over it. Something like spandex or something smooth like satin seems to work well. Add a piece of elastic with a hook and viola!
    I am working on a production of Rabbit Hole, and that is how they are making my pregnancy pad.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2008, 02:59 PM
    I was Annelle (Steel Magnolias) at a community theatre with a similar problem. Annelle is quite pregnant in the last scene...

I used a rounded throw pillow and a tight undershirt... it rounded out the edges of the pillow and made it look quite real. I had people asking me during Meet and Greet how far I was along!

It's all in the walk, too. Anyone can strap on a fake belly, but get someone to teach you to walk the talk! :)

And, Break a leg!!
    countrychick412 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2009, 07:08 PM

WOW... how ironic!
    I am also playing Annelle in Steel Magnolias at our local theatre!
    I am looking for a belly for that!
    Thanks for the help!!
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2009, 06:44 AM

Aww... she's a great part.

I think, of all of my acting experience, she was my favorite.

Because she changes... but her character stays the same. She starts as just a spacy wanderer, morphs into a religious zealot, then settles down into a balanced Mom. She's the best. Have fun with the part!
    xodanicalif Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2009, 01:48 PM
    I did the same thing! However, I'm playing little becky two shoes in urinetown :)
    its awesome, playing pregnant is fun for some reason, and everyone seems to believe I'm really pregnant. I'm using a small bean bag throw pillow and 4X control top tights. They go up past my chest so I can safety pin the tights to make sure they stay in place.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2009, 10:51 PM

Ah, the dragging up of old threads... but since it's been brought up and since I've never posted in this particular forum, what the heck... :D

I did Stella in Streetcar. I used a little throw pillow, and we found a way to tie that around me, and we were able to use the ties to pull on the corners to help round it a bit. Then we had a bit of padding that went over that so it wasn't lumpy. And since she goes from 7 months to 9, we had another layer of padding that simply added more to it. It sounds crude but actually worked quite well.

I worked with a friend's sister who'd had two babies on all the walking, sitting, standing, etc. She was a good coach. I found it quite fun actually. (Though I also got quite a few cracks from the other actors, about ending up pregnant every night and such. :))

We had the play judged for a contest thing and I was extremely happy that one comment I got was that I pulled off that pregnancy very realistically.
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2009, 11:07 AM

Nice! I, too, did what you did and asked a friend who has had five kids.

Funny thing was... one of the last nights, this little old lady came up to me, patted my belly, and said, "Oh, dear. When are you due??"

Like the 90% of the show NOT pregnant wasn't a good identifier that I was NOT pregnant... :)

I took it as a compliment. :)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2010, 05:28 PM
    Very old thread which is now archived, and so not generally visible, unless someone happens to visit this forum topic area or who has been already a part of it and is notified because there's activity on it.

Thread is now CLOSED.

Please post any questions or comments by starting a new thread so that anyone on the site will know that there's current activity because of new thread being started.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I Fake My orgasm [ 24 Answers ]

Hi I am 20 years old and my boyfirend and I have been going out for a year now but I know I fake my orgasims with him when we have sex. What should I do? I want to feel having my orgasm so bad even though I only herd from my friends how it feels I never felt it. There was this one time when we went...

Fake tan [ 1 Answers ]

How can I make my fake tan go darker, I usually use a the joinsons holiday sun, then put fake tan over it, but it doesn't ever seem to go that dark? X

Identity Card FAKE or NOT [ 2 Answers ]

Hiya I posted a related add and no one replied. My friend is a none national whom paid someone for a portuguese IDENTITY CARD. It looks like the real thing as per images on the net and having seen one from a portuguese national. BUT IS IT REAL OR A FAKE?? Please can anyone tel me how to find...

Fake teeth [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have problems with my gums and teeth.all my top teeth are fake and when I close them toghter they go behind the bottom teeth I got them done about 5 months ago and can't get used to them at all I always finnd it hard to talk cause they get in the way of my tongue and when I got them put in it...

View more questions Search