Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    poisonblowfish Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2013, 11:29 AM
    Free plumbing advice - Kitchen sink blocked-up!
    Emergency, please help! My kitchen sink is blocking-up and I CAN NOT understand where all the water is draining!

I've tried;
    Drain unblocker, then taking out the u-bend pipe under the sink (clean), then I checked the pipe at the back of the washing machine (as I could hear the water glugging from behind when the water slowly drained out of the sink). That pipe was clean. Then I tried poling from the manhole in the back garden. Some black gunge came out at first and it glugged, then nothing. Pipe from the manhole is now clear, so I am now at a loss as no water is coming out!

To note, there is a conservatory between the kitchen and the manhole. When I put the poles up the manhole as far as possible, it got all the way to the wall that joins the conservatory to the kitchen, and then it started hitting something hard. The poles came out clean, apart from the very tip which was covered in a sandy coloured substance which didn't smell.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchen sink drain blocked [ 2 Answers ]

I have tried a snake with 75 feet. Although the snake went in completely (all 75 feet), the drain still is not open. Could you tell me what the problem might be? Since the kitchen roof vent is on the 2nd floor, I have not tried from the roof. The snake went into the kitchen wall pipe on the 1st...

Plumbing in the kitchen sink [ 3 Answers ]

Good morning! I was soaking a mayonaise jar that was full of water. The jar accidentally rolled off the edge of the sink, and is upside down in the drain/garbage disposal. The top part of the jar is still sticking up, however I can't get my hands around the edges to pull it our of the drain. Can...

New Kitchen Sink Plumbing [ 3 Answers ]

I have replaced our kitchen cabinets and now will put in a new sink. The new sink has the drains in different places (farther apart and close to the back wall) than the one we replaced. Can I put a 90 elbow coming directly out of the wall to drain directly into 1 drain, or should I try and...

Plumbing, Kitchen Sink [ 1 Answers ]

I had water in my kitchen sink last night. This morning my daughter was using the sink, water came out of the faucet, used the sprayer, which sprayed water, and suddenly the water stopped. There is nothing coming through the sprayer or the faucet. Cannot find water leaking anywhere. Tried...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.