Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    firefightertw24 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2013, 10:43 AM
    Need help again.
    I posted a couple of years ago about things going on in my home about a possible demon or something to that affect.

Since then I have moved out of that house. I have moved twice since living in this home. I just bought a new home close to the house I was having problems in, aprox. A 1/2 mile away. Already I have experienced things in the new home. I feel a presence, it's hard to explain but I can feel someone or something in the room with me. I have also heard things.

I have not told anyone because I am afraid of being called crazy and people not believing me. I am not crazy, I have no history of mental illness or anything like that.

When I do feel the presence in the room with me a terrible feeling comes over me. Just a bad feeling over all.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Oct 3, 2013, 12:24 PM
    A lot of demons are attached to people, just like one would attach itself to a home. I may or may not have been around on this site with your original post... but can you go into detail about your history with this?

Oct 3, 2013, 12:45 PM
    Ok, never mind, I was able to track down your old thread and read through it.

You mentioned an experience you had when you were 10. What happened?

When you lived in the other two homes after your first move did you have any experiences there as well?

Oct 3, 2013, 01:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hauntinghelper View Post
    Ok, nevermind, I was able to track down your old thread and read through it.

You mentioned an experience you had when you were 10. What happened?

When you lived in the other two homes after your first move did you have any experiences there as well?
    Thank you for the quick response. Sure I don't mind giving you what has happened. When I was 10 years old I lived in a town house and I was sleeping in my room I woke up with a bad feeling in my room I could see a greenish almost see through object that looked something like a body but it was high almost touching the ceiling. I was very scared and couldn't move for sometime. I stared for about 20 minutes and it just seemed to stare back at me. After about 20 minutes I worked up the nerve to call for my mother, she came into the room and I told her what was going on. It was still there and I pointed it out. My mother said she saw nothing and told me it was just a nightmare. She left the room and it was still there and left probably after another 20 minutes.

Again maybe when I was 14 I was able to see it one more time but this was in a apartment my mother and I lived in. It did not stay as long this time though but it looked the same as before. I have seen nothing since then just felt something there.

When I feel it I feel an overwhelming since of sadness and depression until I leave the house. I felt something a couple times in the past 2 houses but nothing like it was in 3 houses again or the new house I'm in now.

Oct 3, 2013, 02:28 PM
    Is there a history of the occult in your family? This could be as little as someone using an Ouija board...

From what you're describing I don't think you're "sensitive" to the spirit world or having many random encounters. I believe in your situation it is following you around. This may have been something that was in your home as a child or also very likely it is something that has been in your family.

I've felt and seen what you describe and it is a very unnerving and terrible experience.
    What steps, if any, have you taken to fix this problem? What, may I ask, if you religion or world view?

Oct 4, 2013, 05:10 AM
    Is there a history of the occult in your family? This could be as little as someone using an Ouija board...

From what you're describing I don't think you're "sensitive" to the spirit world or having many random encounters. I believe in your situation it is following you around. This may have been something that was in your home as a child or also very likely it is something that has been in your family.

I've felt and seen what you describe and it is a very unnerving and terrible experience.
    What steps, if any, have you taken to fix this problem? What, may I ask, if you religion or world view?
    I don't know what an occult is, but I had a ouijia board when I was a child I got it as a birthday present actually and I played around with it a few times and didn't even realize what it was. Not sure how old I was when I got it.

I have an aunt that refuses to talk about anything involving ghosts, demons or anything evil. If you bring it up she actually gets mad but when asked why she gives no reason, just that she doesn't like to talk about those things. Not sure if that could be something or nothing.

I have not taken any steps to solve it even though a couple years ago I got some advice, while it was good advice when it came down to it I was to scared to do anything. I am a Christian. I do pray but do not attend church, I used to go to church every week when I was a child but have not attended in a few years. I do believe in god though and have been baptized.

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me. I have been dealing with this for quite a while and it's tough because I want to talk about it to loved ones and friends but don't want to be viewed as crazy. But I know it's real from when I was a kid when I actually saw whatever it was and when I feel it. I have seen a door close in front of me with no air on no fans nothing at all. Glasses breaking in the kitchen. And I have felt (not every time) it's breath I assume it's warm I know that. I also wake from a dead sleep and am terrified and think someone is in my home and go searching with a gun. And when I am awake and feel it somehow it changes my emotions to a overwhelming sad and depressed feeling. To the point where I leave the house for the night. I really can't do that now though because the new house I moved in my girlfriend lives with me.

Again thank you for your help.

Oct 4, 2013, 10:43 AM
    The occult is simply seeking out unknown or hidden knowledge from spiritual sources. This includes use of a Ouija board, scrying, using crystals and any sort of divination.

In regards to your aunt... some people are like that. She may simply believe that by talking about you are giving power to it. It is actually very common amongst religious people. I work with an individual that has spirit activity in his home but refuses to acknowledge it or talk about for fear of it becoming more of a reality to him. Let me just say this... ignoring something does not make it go away.

If I can also make this note about being a Christian. Going to church doesn't make you one... praying doesn't make you one... believing that God exists does not make you one... baptism does not make you one. Being a Christian means that you have given your life and heart to the will of Jesus Christ. It means allowing His work at the cross to cleanse you of your sins (and we ALL have sinned).

In the book of James we are enlightened by this verse... "You believe there is only one God. You do well! But even the demons believe that...and tremble!"

You see, it's not exactly what we believe... it's what we believe and LIVE. Demons are not good... yet they too believe in God. My point is this... protection and even authority is offered to people over situations such as yours... but there is a catch. It is for those that are covered by the name of Jesus... those washed by His blood and forgiven of their sins. Whether a spirit is following you because of something you did or something that was in your family has less to do with whether you give it a right to be there or not. Spirits operate by laws just as we are bound by physical laws here on earth. Right now, this spirit has nothing keeping it away from you.

I'm not telling you to confront it, because I would only really recommend that to someone who understands who they are as a child of God. I do recommend that you speak with a local church though. I typically recommend the Full Gospel churches. Most likely you are going to need a spiritually mature Christian to come to your home and pray over it AND you. Not a blessing... but a different type of prayer altogether. Take away the right for that spirit to be there and you will then strip it of it's authority over you.

Oct 4, 2013, 10:46 AM
    If I can add this too... I have experienced everything you have mentioned here. It is unnerving and frightening. I am compassionate towards your situation because I know what it's like. God's love and power can help you just as it helped me.

Oct 5, 2013, 03:34 PM
    The occult is simply seeking out unknown or hidden knowledge from spiritual sources. This includes use of a Ouija board, scrying, using crystals and any sort of divination.

In regards to your aunt...some people are like that. She may simply believe that by talking about you are giving power to it. It is actually very common amongst religious people. I work with an individual that has spirit activity in his home but refuses to acknowledge it or talk about for fear of it becoming more of a reality to him. Let me just say this...ignoring something does not make it go away.

If I can also make this note about being a Christian. Going to church doesn't make you one...praying doesn't make you one...believing that God exists does not make you one....baptism does not make you one. Being a Christian means that you have given your life and heart to the will of Jesus Christ. It means allowing His work at the cross to cleanse you of your sins (and we ALL have sinned).

In the book of James we are enlightened by this verse..."You believe there is only one God. You do well! But even the demons believe that...and tremble!"

You see, it's not exactly what we believe...it's what we believe and LIVE. Demons are not good...yet they too believe in God. My point is this...protection and even authority is offered to people over situations such as yours...but there is a catch. It is for those that are covered by the name of Jesus...those washed by His blood and forgiven of their sins. Whether a spirit is following you because of something you did or something that was in your family has less to do with whether you give it a right to be there or not. Spirits operate by laws just as we are bound by physical laws here on earth. Right now, this spirit has nothing keeping it away from you.

I'm not telling you to confront it, because I would only really recommend that to someone who understands who they are as a child of God. I do recommend that you speak with a local church though. I typically recommend the Full Gospel churches. Most likely you are going to need a spiritually mature Christian to come to your home and pray over it AND you. Not a blessing...but a different type of prayer altogether. Take away the right for that spirit to be there and you will then strip it of it's authority over you.
    Thank you for your help. I'm glad I found someone who could help. I will work on trying to find a church to help. Can these things hurt me? If someone does come and try to get rid of these things is there any chance it will piss this thing off more
    ?

Oct 6, 2013, 03:18 PM
    Yes, spirits can actually do quite a bit of harm... however that is rare and especially at the level you are describing. Most of that activity is meant to confuse, scare and annoy you.

Removing a spirit will almost guarantee it to be mad. However, if a removal is don't correctly, the spirit will be powerless to stick around whether it's mad or not. Most "blessings" I know of that have been used in regards to hauntings have either not worked or made things worse... the reason for that is that blessing a home is not what the situation calls for. I'm in no way trying to be offensive to the Catholic church, but I do not agree with how they handle most of these situations. That's my opinion and my experience... I always recommend the Full Gospel churches first and foremost. Honestly the denomination does not matter... denominations don't have power... God does... but its' the doctrine and teachings in those denominations that can sometimes keep someone in the dark about this subject.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search