Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cherry7pie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2013, 08:57 AM
    Dr.'s office bill
    A lady came out from behind a desk said I had a bal from 2011, of 50.00 she came out like a bull, problem is.. I was the wrong person, she did not confirm who I was, proceeded to tell me I was going to collections. Is this a Hipaa violation?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 3, 2013, 09:17 AM
    No, is not a HIPAA violation
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Oct 3, 2013, 09:20 AM
    It's not a violation but I would definitely find someone in charge and have a nice long talk with them about what happened.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bill purchased office supplies for $500 cash. What is the effect on accounts [ 1 Answers ]

Bill purchased office supplies for $500 cash. What is the effect on accounts

Signatures printed on 1953 $5.00 held office AFTER bill printed [ 0 Answers ]

We have a $5.00 Red seal / serial # 1953 C series bill. My question is value because the Treasurer & Secretary of the Treasury held their offices 10 years AFTER the date on this bill. The Treasurer = Kathryn O'Hay Granahan & the Secretary of Treasury = C Douglas Dillon - the information I find...

Why is prior office experience so important in applying for a low-level office job? [ 2 Answers ]

I am 24 years old and I am looking for a new job. I have a college degree, I am clean, well-dressed, articulate and knowledgeable about the fields to which I am applying. Unfortunately, I have been passed over recently for two different jobs due to lack of office experience. Perhaps it has to do...

Is it legal for a county office bill legally take $90.00 from 11 years ago? [ 1 Answers ]

Today I received a letter from the SC Dept of Revenue stating that Chester Metropolitan District in Chester SC pulled $92.25 of my 2009 tax return for outstanding debt. I have never been billed for anything from this company since I moved and asked that it be disconnected when I moved out. I...

Unable to open any office 2003 application after downgrading fro office 2007 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Guys I just uninstalled office 2007 and installed office 2003, but I cannot go to outlook, it gives me an error saying something like mapi. Please assist guys:confused:

View more questions Search