Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Toonleft Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2013, 04:26 PM
    Cartilage piercing
    I got my cartilage pierced 9 months ago, with a needle not gun. Just recently it has gotten crusty and I've cleaned it. I occasionally pick the crust off throughout the day. Now it is tender and slightly swollen around the piercing only- just a little donut looking ring around the front. Is that normal, what can I do to help the soreness and swelling? What causes this?
    keeks143 Posts: 149, Reputation: 3

Oct 3, 2013, 12:29 PM
    Hmmm. You seems to be doing all the right things? What are you cleaning it with? Hydrogen Peroxide? If you are, STOP! Use sea salt soaks - these help to soothe piercing. Also, have you been fiddling with it a lot, this can cause infection. You shouldn't be picking of the crusties! This can cause an infection too! I'm a picker too, but it only worsens the situation. If it seems to get worse, go to your gp or piercer. DON'T TAKE IT OUT THOUGH! This will trap anything that needs to naturally drain out in the process.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does a Tragus piercing hurt more than a cartilage piercing? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm dying to get my Tragus pierced ! I have a cartilage peircing and honestly it was just a little Pinch 1-10 on pane scale 10 being most I would say 3-4 but I'm really scared to get my Tragus pierced does it hurt worse than the cartilage piercing ?

Cartilage piercing [ 0 Answers ]

I really want to get my cartilage pierced but my mom is concerned about thee healing time . How long does it take to heal ? Where should I get it done at ? & Could I still play volleyball ?

Cartilage piercing [ 1 Answers ]

I was planning to get my cartilage pierced on the 9th of December, and am going to mexico 20 days later, would I be able to swim in the ocean and pools with it with the amount of healing time given? Should I get it done earlier? Please answer quickly! Thanks :)

Cartilage piercing [ 12 Answers ]

Hello I am thinking of getting my cartilage pierced.. I was wondering how much that would hurt?

Cartilage Piercing [ 4 Answers ]

I got a third lobe and a Cartilage Piercing done on both ears a few days ago and they didn't hurt at all during or after the piercing unless I touched them or they were hit directly. They told me that my right ear would hurt a little more because it's my dominant side, but I was a little worried...

View more questions Search