Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sunnyacres Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2013, 06:03 AM
    Nortel M7208 phones
    Bought these phones at an auction reasonable. I believe these phones need some sort of main frame to hook them up so you can hold calls, transfer etc. Any help out there on where to get this item so phones can work?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 2, 2013, 06:13 AM
    They are designed to connect to a PBX, Private phone system.
    User manual is here: http://www.ipofficeinfo.com/pdf/M7208_User.pdf

Oct 2, 2013, 08:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    They are designed to connect to a PBX, Private phone system.
    User manual is here: http://www.ipofficeinfo.com/pdf/M7208_User.pdf
    Thank you for your info about the manual but what I need is the unit that goes with the phones. I had a system like this many years ago and it had like a control type box that the same phones hooked up to. It is my understanding the phones are useless unless you have that control box.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2013, 11:33 AM
    Sounds like the Northern Telecom "Meridian". Installed those years ago. Excellent system. They have overlays that go over the buttons for programming, Feature ** CONFIG(266344), if I remember correctly, gets you into programming.

https://www.google.com/search?q=nort...icrosoft:en-us

Oct 4, 2013, 05:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratmando View Post
    Sounds like the Northern Telecom "Meridian". Installed those years ago. Excellent system. They have overlays that go over the buttons for programming, Feature ** CONFIG(266344), if I remember correctly, gets you into programming.

https://www.google.com/search?q=nort...icrosoft:en-us
    Thank you! Very helpful. Probably a good idea to have someone install it?
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2013, 06:56 AM
    They are not tough, need to be able to punch down correctly(CO lines and Extensions), If you have installed Phone systems, this should not be a problem.
    How many lines and extensions do you plan to use?

Oct 5, 2013, 06:41 PM
    They are not tough, need to be able to punch down correctly(CO lines and Extensions), If you have installed Phone systems, this should not be a problem.
    How many lines and extensions do you plan to use?
    There are two lines and probably going to be six phones. I did not install the one I had years ago. If I have good instructions I suppose I could do it.
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2013, 07:47 AM
    If you get the system and manual, I can walk you through it. I usually run cat 5 or 5e even for Stations(actually it's the minimum I use for anything).
    White/blue to green, blue/white to red, white/orange to black, and orange/white to yellow. Will come in handy when you wire the jacks.
    I forget if those used 2 or 4 conductors for station jacks?
    Once wired corectly, you can't hurt it, can always default and start over.
    Start with Line Access, and Ringing Assignments, look through manual and see what you may want to add, Paging amplifier, Background music, etc.
    Very capable system

Oct 6, 2013, 06:07 PM
    If you get the system and manual, I can walk you through it. I usually run cat 5 or 5e even for Stations(actually its the minimum I use for anything).
    White/blue to green, blue/white to red, white/orange to black, and orange/white to yellow. Will come in handy when you wire the jacks.
    I forget if those used 2 or 4 conductors for station jacks?
    Once wired corectly, you can't hurt it, can always default and start over.
    Start with Line Access, and Ringing Assignments, look through manual and see what you may want to add, Paging amplifier, Background music, etc.
    Very capable system
    Thank you very much for your offer. I will get together with my employer and see if they want to go with this. They bought the phones at an auction and they look like they are in fine shape. They just didn't get the main part of it. In any event I have used the system years ago and was happy with it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My glitching phones [ 2 Answers ]

I have had 3 cell phones so far in the past 4 years, every single one seems to get major problems and eventually stop working all together. My mom seems to think I have a bad "energy field" because if I get a new watch it breaks within a day. Im woundering if there is a really high tech cell...

Have a Nortel 5548-GT Switch [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Nortel 4548-GT ERS Switch. I have mirrored port 3/39 and port 3/14 and select monitoring mode as a where port 3/14 is monitor port. After doing this the system connecting with port 3/14 is out of network. What is the problem

Phones to Use [ 2 Answers ]

When you make a call with your calling card, what kind of phone do you use? Is it the landline phone, mobile phone or the public payphone? :)

Cell phones [ 1 Answers ]

How can I find chelsea wakefields cell phone number

View more questions Search