Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nohitter410 Posts: 187, Reputation: 50

Mar 28, 2007, 08:20 PM
    Wildcat elaborate.
    I was just thinking and many of us guys as well as girls out there have this feeling that when their significant other breaks up with them that what they were told is gold.

For example, your girlfriend tells you she has never loved someone like you before but she needs to be free and have fun or she feels smothered or doesn't want to be in a relationship right now. Basically what I am getting at is whatever you are told don't believe much of it. If the person truly respected you they wouldn't tell you the truth. The reason why is they don't want to hurt you because honestly do you want to hear I am dumping you because I am bored with you or I want to see how other men please me or you are bad in bed or you are annoying and smother me and I can never have fun. You may feel what you had was special and I am sure it was at some point but somewhere down the line it turned for the worst and couldn't recover.

I am just trying to remove the false hope that many of us have out there. This is what goes on when someone dumps because you don't understand that whatever they are telling you even if they could care less about you is something nice and sincere and gives the impression that you should hold hope. They want to let you down easily. Think about when you want to end it with someone do you tell them why you are doing this or do you make it different to make it easier on them.

This person thinks someone else out there is better and you know what that may be true but more along the lines of they think someone else out there is better FOR THEM. That does not mean that you aren't better and that they won't realize they made a mistake but don't sit around and don't let their words hold too much on your actions. Live life and enjoy it while you still can.
    ForeverZero Posts: 312, Reputation: 82

Mar 28, 2007, 09:15 PM
    I think we all have the tendency of giving our significant other way too much credit. Because honestly, I don't think they're as manipulative as I'm told they are. Even in the worst case scenario, if the relationship wasn't a fake and lasted a significant amount of time, they're still in an emotional smoke cloud, and all they can do is take an educated guess as to what it is they're feeling, and even then it still gets lost in translation for the most part.

Another thing I think people don't give enough credit when breaking up is the adolescent instinct every human being still has deep inside. Think about it. When you were a kid and mommy did something that upset you, what did you say with mommy asked what was wrong? You told her nothing, and to go away, despite the fact that deep down inside, you really wanted her to make it right or whatever. On top of that, when mommy actually walked away, that then triggers your panic instinct to start talking sense when you're scared she actually doesn't care. That's where all this no contact crap comes from.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do you elaborate your success either short/long term? [ 1 Answers ]

This is not my story but someone who has been really part of me for a very long time which really inspire me. I met this guy right after college. He grew up pretty much on his own. Sometimes his grandparents took care of him sometimes his parents but never the time they really shared a real...

Wildcat [ 9 Answers ]

Which do you prefer "the system" by the love doc or "double your dating" by david d.? :confused:

Wildcat this is for you [ 2 Answers ]

Most of what you say makes sense, but you keep repeating it all over and over again. Anybody needing adivce comes to this site and you hit them off with the same thing time and again. Not everybody situation is the same. Not all women are the same, Not all men are the same. I'm just saying take the...

Thanks Wildcat [ 4 Answers ]

I've learned more in the past 5-6 days then I have in 19 years of my life. Thanks for those website, especially www.sosuave.com everything there is so true and all it took was me to read it. Me and the girl actually just broke it off Tuesday (today), and she still wants to remain friends. ...

View more questions Search