Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Libby2012 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2013, 06:44 PM
    No visitation for father
    I have a two year old daughter & her father is not really active in her life. So one day he asked could he get her,I let him get her. I pick my baby up she is pissy all dirty. Than I get home my daughter had weeps and bruises on her back. I asked her who did it she said he did it. We made a police report but he want show up for court.Question is can I just go to juvenile court and petition for him to sign his rights over?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 30, 2013, 06:48 PM
    No, because it is a myth that a parent can sign their rights over. But you can petition that you be granted sole custody and that he gets no visitation.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Sep 30, 2013, 07:47 PM
    We made a police report but he want show up for court
    What do you mean by that? If he is charged with a crime (or juvenile delinquency, if that's what it is), he doesn't get to choose whether he will show up for court.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2013, 05:58 PM
    Don't let him have her any more. If he files for any type of visitation you have the police report with, I would hope, photos.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father visitation [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter has custody and this week didn't allow the dad to see my grand child... the father does not show any interst in my grandson but his mother is pulling all the strings.. she is the one that wants the visiting for her self and shemis trying to make her son learn to love the child. But the...

Father Visitation Right [ 12 Answers ]

I had a girl living with me she got pregnet and moved out. Well she had the baby and never contacted me. And she gave temp custody to her mom. Well her mom won't let me see the baby. So the daughter sneaks the baby to see me. Now the mother found out so she won't let her daughter she the baby so I...

Father visitation [ 8 Answers ]

My sons "father" hasent excercised visitation for 6 yrs and now he's in jail so when he gets out it will be 7 yrs h e owes me over 8,000 in support. Can I have his rights revoked? My son is 12 and wants nothing to do with him. His family is threatening making him exercise his visitation rights when...

Visitation with father [ 2 Answers ]

I live in North Texas. My ex and I went to mediation this fall he thought that I was in contempt of court and thought I would go to jail. The mediator is a former Texas judge and told him that I would not go to jail and that I was not in contempt. Then we worked out other details but basically...

Visitation to father? Should I? [ 3 Answers ]

I live in North Texas. My ex and I went to mediation this fall he thought that I was in contempt of court and thought I would go to jail. The mediator is a former Texas judge and told him that I would not go to jail and that I was not in contempt. Then we worked out other details but basically...

View more questions Search