Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yellowelectric Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2013, 04:31 PM
    A minor charged with theft under 5000?
    Hello I am a 15 year old who recently stole small items (all resulting in like $10.00) from walmart the other day, I was taken into a back room with a friend who also shoplifted and we were read our rights and he asked us questions and he contacted our parents since we are minors and we met with an officer and they came to pick us up..

Will I have a criminal record? It is my first offense, they said something will be on the system until I'm 18.

Will this affect me going into the US?
    Will this affect my future in a big way?

It was honestly so stupid I just didn't have the cash on me.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2013, 04:49 PM
    You go to any court hearings they tell you to. You will probably have to pay a fine and restitution. You will probably have to watch a film on shoplifting and possibly do some community service. If they put it on your juvenile record ask them about expungement.
    Can You Expunge Your Juvenile Record? - FindLaw Blotter

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What will happen to a minor charged with theft in the state of Maryland? [ 8 Answers ]

I bought a item from a friend but didn't know it was stolen.. my intentions were to sell the item for more money, the school police officer is charging me with theft. What will happen to me?

I am 19 and got charged for theft under 5000 what will I get? [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, I work at walmart and the store right beside it sells healthy lunchs and I was going there every single day and buying lunch, when one day I was so tired and out of it because I am actually going to university to be a personal trainer and my mind and body was just so tired that I zoned...

Theft under 5000 as a minor [ 3 Answers ]

so here's my dilemma, I am a 17 year old who has just been caught for theft under 5000 x2. I had a warning on my record previously for stealing gum from a grocery store. (loblaws) Considering I am a minor, does anyone know what the worst that can happen to me is? Will my record stay on after I...

View more questions Search