Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RatMama20 Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

Sep 30, 2013, 03:08 PM
    Rat Wiggling Tail
    My rat Jett wags his tail! Its really strange to me... What does it mean?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 30, 2013, 03:41 PM
    Here's a link I found that might explain some of rat behavior, and why they do what they do.

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...53217764,d.aWc

According to this link rats wiggle their tails when:

This is a warning sign of anger, or annoyance. (Rats will also wiggle their tails sometimes when excited or play fighting.)
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Sep 30, 2013, 03:56 PM
    Mine would usually do it when they were annoyed... perhaps you are agitating them somehow.

Oct 1, 2013, 10:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Here's a link I found that might explain some of rat behavior, and why they do what they do.

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...53217764,d.aWc

According to this link rats wiggle their tails when:
    Thank you

Oct 1, 2013, 10:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    Mine would usually do it when they were annoyed...perhaps you are agitating them somehow.
    Maybe, ill have to investigate what makes it happen (happy/fun situations or tense/annoyed situations)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Swollen rat [ 2 Answers ]

Over the last 2 weeks our ratt has swelled qpup bigger then a baseball on her stomach area.we know. She is not pregnant and we feed her as usual so she's not overeating she has gotten so big she drags herself over to drank water and eat could u figure this out and what we should do thank u

Pregnant rat?? [ 0 Answers ]

I have 4 rats, 2 boys and 2 girls. I have the boys in 1 cage and the girls in another. 1 of the boys and 1 of the girls have markings that are exactly the same, the only difference is the ears (the boy is dumbo), so you have to look at them in the face to figure out which is which. Well on June...

Second Rat? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have an eight month pet rat. She is incredibly affectionate and we spend a lot of time together. I have read that it is borderline unethical to keep a solitary rat. I have been considering getting her a rat friend. I am just concerned that it is too late and she wouldn't adjust to the...

Tail chasing & tail biting [ 1 Answers ]

Kyra is a 2 yr old black german shepard, I have had her 2 months now her owner's were getting a dicorce and selling the house so they gave her back to the breeder, the breeder had her 6 months before she decided she could not have 4 gsd's so Kyra was with her mom, dad and her sister, until I got...

My rat is wild. [ 8 Answers ]

I got a female rat yesterday and te person who served us when we got her (Who once had two rats of her own) told me to leave her for a day. We did, I tried to pick her up today but I didn't succeed. I have never had a rat before so can anyone give me any tips? Another thing is she stays in a corner...

View more questions Search