Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jojoisfly12 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2013, 01:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    You "think" you do? Such a handbook would have been required to be given to you when you were hired. Copies should be accessible to any employee.

Doesn't sound like a properly run franchise.
    I wasn't given anything I just got told that the only relationship is a friend ship but nothing else
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 29, 2013, 02:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojoisfly12 View Post
    I wasn't given anything I just got told that the only relationship is a friend ship but nothin else
    You were told that when you started working there? That's sort of odd. I wonder if they've had trouble with employee overstepping their bounds.
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Sep 29, 2013, 02:36 PM
    You need to acquire and read carefully an employee handbook, you should have been required to sign a form stating that you were given this handbook and have read and understood it. I've never worked in a facility that didn't provide a handbook and require acknowledgement before continuing the working relationship. You may have been signing so many things you don't remember signing it, I don't know.
    It may be as has been mentioned -a poorly run franchise
    In any event, pull the link up provided for you and read a little further after you read page 7, page 11 covers dating and fraternization.

Sep 29, 2013, 03:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LadySam View Post
    You need to acquire and read carefully an employee handbook, you should have been required to sign a form stating that you were given this handbook and have read and understood it. I've never worked in a facility that didn't provide a handbook and require acknowledgement before continuing the working relationship. You may have been signing so many things you don't remember signing it, I don't know.
    It may be as has been mentioned -a poorly run franchise
    In any event, pull the link up provided for you and read a little further after you read page 7, page 11 covers dating and fraternization.
    That's prob what happened I was signing twenty thousand dif things
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 29, 2013, 03:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LadySam View Post
    I just wanted to note that the handbook I linked to is for a franchisee, not Arbys itself. It is possible, even probable, that it was patterned after one dictated for franchisees by Arby. So it may be similar to what the OP's franchisee provides.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojoisfly12 View Post
    That's prob what happened I was signing twenty thousand dif things
    Then it is probable you were given a copy that is with the other paperwork you received.

Sep 29, 2013, 03:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    I just wanted to note that the handbook I linked to is for a franchisee, not Arbys itself. It is possible, even probable, that it was patterned after one dictated for franchisees by Arby. So it may be similar to what the OP's franchisee provides.

Then it is probable you were given a copy that is with the other paperwork you received.
    But I didn't get paper to like take home n read over
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Sep 29, 2013, 04:50 PM
    Whatever your place of employment has or hasn't should be available to you simply for the asking.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 29, 2013, 04:59 PM
    The issue is, that YOU like him, and you want something more, and are dong things,

Heavy things in a freezer, guess what, get over it and lift them and move them. All of the other employees are expected to. Guess what, he is married, you are not suppose to be flirting with him.

Start behaving properly and most of these problems will go away

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shift solenoid [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 92 honda accord lx. Am having shifting issues. Fluid level is fine. Replaced speed sensor. I am trying to do process of elimination before going the new transmission route. I have changed the shift solenoid, which was not as difficult as I thought, thank goodness. My question is, the...

Can't shift [ 1 Answers ]

My ridin snapper lawn mower won't shift now it won't start

Gear shift moves but doesn't shift into gear [ 1 Answers ]

1998 toyota, the gear shifter moves but car will not sift into any gear. The gear shifter is real sloppy. Well like nothing is there.

Shift Stuck! [ 10 Answers ]

I have a 96 Toyota Camry and at this time the shift is stuck in Park. The car will turn over, but can't get the gear out of park. Any suggestions:(

View more questions Search