Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 8, 2013, 09:55 PM
    I'm biting my tongue here. That is a good thing for you.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 8, 2013, 09:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    I'm biting my tongue here. That is a good thing for you.
    WHAT is a good thing for me? Why bite your tongue?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 8, 2013, 10:00 PM
    I'm not playing your counselor game WG. Just know that you are lucky I'm not saying what I think.
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Oct 8, 2013, 10:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I'll ignore that.

Yes, actually I do know some nurses. One is in Seattle. Will email her tomorrow. Her husband is a member of this site.

My niece Heather who lives in a small town along the Mississippi in western Illinois is an RN. Will contact her too, if you'd accept her report.

And that might be real soon. I'll take notes. The hospital I would go to is complaining they don't have enough patients and are trying to drum up business. Maybe I can help.
    Just curious, what hospital is that? I have many Doctors in my family who work in the Chicago land area...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 8, 2013, 10:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    I'm not playing your counselor game WG. Just know that you are lucky I'm not saying what I think.
    Counselor game? Nope, not that. I am not playing any games. I'm waiting for my husband to get back from NC where he went to visit his sister who has Alzheimer's (before she forgets who he is), and then we'll figure out what to do. I'll post on the admin/mod board if I won't be around for a while.

I'm hoping they are still patient-hungry.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 8, 2013, 10:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma1999 View Post
    Just curious, what hospital is that? I have many Doctors in my family who work in the Chicago land area...
    They just built a new one and are trying to fill it up. Elmhurst Memorial.

***ADDED*** I visited many sick and dying relatives at the old hospital over the years, my uncle was a psych patient on that floor MANY times, my husband had two heart surgeries there, and I was a patient there three times. I have nothing but good to say about the staff (except for the aide who dropped my cup of pills on the floor and had to be told by the RN to get new ones).

There are lots of hospitals around here, so am anxious to find out how this works out with hospital care and patient-staff numbers.
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Oct 8, 2013, 10:12 PM
    They just build a new one and are trying to fill it up. Elmhurst Memorial.
    Ahhh yes, they moved recently. I heard it was a beautiful building.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2013, 04:52 AM
    Yes. It will need tweaks, but yes.

Have you looked at the most current stats as to how many and who is on welfare and why? and who is getting Medicaid?

Welfare Statistics | Statistic Brain
    I grew up around a LOT of Welfare recipients... I don't need stats to tell me what I already know about people I knew for a lot of years... I know them well enough to know how they live... what they think... know their attitudes and even how they game the system... yes I knew them well enough I know all their secrets.

Also my mother was working for the head start program back in the 70's... for a year or two before she got so disgusted with the entitlement mentality of the welfare bums she quit...

And incidentally... Wikipedia is very inaccurate with what they have on the beginnings of this program.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2013, 06:40 AM
    Byron York asked the big question, "Does the punishing way the Obama administration has run aspects of the shutdown reveal anything about how it will run national health care?"

Why yes, I think it says everything. I mean geez, the guy holds senior tourists hostage at gunpoint and otherwise is trying to inflict as much pain as possible rather than do his job and talk to the other side, so why wouldn't it reveal how they'll run Obamacare?

Which leads to the next point, I'm not sure if it works this way elsewhere but knowing how this regime cares nothing about our rights I'm sure it does.

Obamacare Will Collect and Share Americans' Data 'Without the Consent of the Individual'

When you sign up on the exchange in Maryland you have to agree to the terms of course, and after the usual long-winded stuff about collecting anonymous data, which apparently isn't going to be so anonymous, and promising not to violate your privacy you get this:

Any information that you provide to us in your application will be used only to carry out the functions of Maryland Health Connection. The only exception to this policy is that we may share information provided in your application with the appropriate authorities for law enforcement and audit activities.
    That isn't all, "if you send us an e-mail, we use the information you send us to respond to your inquiry. E-mail correspondence may become a public record. As a public record, your correspondence could be disclosed to other parties upon their request in accordance with Maryland’s Public Information Act."

Excited yet?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2013, 06:59 AM
    Hello again, Steve:
    Byron York asked the big question, "Does the punishing way the Obama administration has run aspects of the shutdown reveal anything about how it will run national health care?"
    Yes, it does.

But FIRST you have to BELIEVE that Obama is DOING that. I don't. Not even for a minute do I believe it. That's because I live in the REAL world, and NOT the FOX News bubble..

It's like the boy who cried wolf, or chicken little. I can't remember... But, THIS stuff is brought to you by the same people who told us about the DEATH PANELS... Of course, that wasn't true, so WHY should I believe them now?? Well, I shouldn't... They LOST their credibility then, and they've NEVER gotten it back.

But, I have NEW evidence... Oh, it's only in my head, but my head is attached to the REAL WORLD... Let's take a minute to examine the mean park ranger who won't let vets into their own memorial. What about the mean ones who ones who won't let people take pictures of Mt. Rushmore, or Old Faithful? We're told by the right wing press, that it's their job to PUNISH us, and they ARE, WITH a vengeance - IF you believe it.

First off, IF I were a park ranger, I'd HAVE that job because I LIKED people. If I didn't LIKE people, I'd be a DEA agent. But, park rangers aren't bad guys. So, EVEN if ORDERS were given to me to be REAL MEAN to people and PUNISH them, I'd NEVER do it. And, I KNOW the park rangers aren't doing it either.

It's just MORE death panel crap.

Excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2013, 07:42 AM
    It's like the boy who cried wolf
    Sort of like the emperor ginning up fears of a default that won't happen.
    Now are you denying that the emperor has run roughshod over the people during the shutdown to make a maximum hurt on them ? The evidence shows he has. No it's not the Park Rangers .They are doing what they are told to do... fining 59 year old joggers ;barring WWII Vets from open air monuments in the Mall while at the same time allowing illegal immigrants to rally on the Mall.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 9, 2013, 07:48 AM
    LOL, only a loony would think that lower funding levels will get the same services. Only a loony would think that shutting down 17% of the government would have no effect on REAL people.

Only a loony would think Obama Care would be repealed, delayed, or defunded with the threat of a shutdown. Only a loony would think that America would go along with it and 70% said as much.

Only a loony would think that less government spending during sluggish economic times wouldn't contract the economy. Only a loony would think that be it austerity, or sequester, that deficit reduction off the backs of poor people, old people women, and children is a good idea.

Only a loony thinks cutting welfare for poor people to give to rich people is a good idea. Only a loony thinks everybody will go along with his shutdown, and piece meal solutions as they appear I the "lamestream" media.

Only a loony would think he can blame everyone but himself for what he has done.

>Case closed< you guys are full of loony's.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2013, 08:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, Steve:
    Yes, it does.

But FIRST you have to BELIEVE that Obama is DOING that. I don't. Not even for a minute do I believe it. That's because I live in the REAL world, and NOT the FOX News bubble..
    So for the first time in history the NPS decided on its own to close open air monuments that are never closed, staff locations that are always unstaffed, and arm Rangers to prevent old people from seeing Old Faithful or taking pictures. That's not the REAL world ex, you're living in fantasyland.

The regime had NOTHING to do with these things, and of course the buck NEVER stops at Obama's desk, even though we already have on record government employees admitting they've been told to make life as miserable as possible. Must be more of those rogue employees like at the IRS, which if that's true should have you spooked about how little control the emperor does have over his agencies.

P.S. I suppose the pictures and videos of the shutdown charade and links to the government sites telling you flat out you have to agree to give up your privacy to use it are liars, too.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2013, 09:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    LOL, only a loony would think that lower funding levels will get the same services. Only a loony would think that shutting down 17% of the government would have no effect on REAL people.

Only a loony would think Obama Care would be repealed, delayed, or defunded with the threat of a shutdown. Only a loony would think that America would go along with it and 70% said as much.

Only a loony would think that less government spending during sluggish economic times wouldn't contract the economy. Only a loony would think that be it austerity, or sequester, that deficit reduction off the backs of poor people, old people women, and children is a good idea.

Only a loony thinks cutting welfare for poor people to give to rich people is a good idea. Only a loony thinks everybody will go along with his shutdown, and piece meal solutions as they appear I the "lamestream" media.

Only a loony would think he can blame everyone but himself for what he has done.

>Case closed< you guys are full of loony's.
    Tell you what... take that $ billion spent to launch the Obamacare web site and reallocate it for something useful. The problem is that your side is so used to getting it's way that if those d@mn taxpayers won't give them everything they want ,they will use whatever means necessary to bludgeon them into submission. They justifed the IRS abuses because the "loonies" were a fringe that no one cares about their rights being violated . But as we now see ,even if a geezer Vet gets in the way they have to be taken down. Yeah it begs the question ......"Does the punishing way the Obama administration has run aspects of the shutdown (or the IRS ) reveal anything about how it will run national health care?"
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 9, 2013, 09:55 AM
    You shut the government down, you open it backup!
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2013, 10:16 AM
    Nobody shut down the national monuments on any of the previous government shutdowns.

So why do you think Obama did it? Maybe because he's never matured beyond being a petulant child.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 9, 2013, 10:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    So why do you think Obama did it? Maybe because he's never matured beyond being a petulant child.
    A comment on a Yahoo News article --

"Government Shutdown Was Planned For Months By Ed Meese, Koch Bros (Heritage Foundation/Heritage Action)---- It articulated a take-no-prisoners legislative strategy that had long percolated in conservative circles: that Republicans could derail the health care overhaul if conservative lawmakers were willing to push fellow Republicans — including their cautious leaders — into cutting off financing for the entire federal government."

Meet one of the conservative advocacy groups behind the GOP's government shutdown strategy
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2013, 10:28 AM
    A comment on a Yahoo News article --

"Government Shutdown Was Planned For Months By Ed Meese, Koch Bros (Heritage Foundation/Heritage Action)---- It articulated a take-no-prisoners legislative strategy that had long percolated in conservative circles: that Republicans could derail the health care overhaul if conservative lawmakers were willing to push fellow Republicans — including their cautious leaders — into cutting off financing for the entire federal government."

Meet one of the conservative advocacy groups behind the GOP's government shutdown strategy
    Except the fact... no republican has voted to shut anything down, we passed a number of bills that would have kept the government open to the Senate.. so that is 100% in the Democrtats ballpark.

Prince Harry never let most of them even see the Senate floor... And King Obama Messiah of the left shares the blame.

Nothing would be shut down if not for those two... and they are Democrats. not Republicans.

And incidentally... Obama isn't the Messiah... and its not blasphemy to not do everything he demands.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2013, 10:33 AM
    And King Obama Messiah
    I think don't understand why the rightys consider him a messiah... he's just a man.
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2013, 10:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    I think don't understand why the rightys consider him a messiah...he's just a man.
    I don't even think he's a man... more like a man-child by the way he behaves.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Health and social care - hazards in health & social care settings [ 10 Answers ]

Explain the potential hazards in health and social care settings, you should include: 1. hazards: e.g. from workinh environment, working condition, poor staffing training, poor working practices, equipment, substance etc. 2. working environment: e.g. within an organisation's premises 3....

Health care & home care [ 2 Answers ]

How do I set up health care & Home care agency?

Forget Hillary care, what about School-Based "Health Care?" [ 37 Answers ]

Middle school in Maine to offer birth control pills, patches to pupils When I was in school about the only good school "health care" was for was a bandaid, an excuse to skip a class or a pan to puke in. What on earth (or in the constitution) gives public schools the right to prescribe drugs...

View more questions Search