Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 27, 2013, 07:29 AM
    I understand that. I do. But what is revenge going to cost you? Your husband?

You provided all of these years of insurance because that is what the court required.

She only WANTED to work part time? Or did she want to be a mother to her children?

Your vindictiveness is only going to cause greater problems in the family. With this attitude you are only going to cause a rift that may not be reparable. It is quite possible that the medicaid, according to your state, was the primary insurer, and the father's insurance was the secondary. Meaning that whatever medicaid did not cover, her father's insurance was required to cover.

I really feel sorry for this child, in all honesty. She has a mother and a step-father that are able to provide for her financially, even though the step-father is not required by law to provide for her, but her mother is using the system in a way that is acceptable. Now she has a step-mother who is vengeful and vindictive in that she does not feel that the biological father should provide what he is required to provide. My heart aches for this child.
    GoIllini Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2013, 07:37 AM
    I knew I would get hit with accusations and I understand. I have never done anything bad to the mother... nor have I said anything bad about her in front of child. I have spoke bad about her to my husband...
    She kept this child from us for long periods. She told this child that he couldn't go to our wedding because we "forgot" to pick him up. It has been years of heck with this mother and we took the high road.
    I also have a child from a previous relationship. So, I see both sides.
    I understand that from what I wrote it might look bad. But, I am admitting that yes... I would like revenge. Why? Because we have put up with nonsense for all these years and brushed it off.
    But, what would it get me... probably nothing. I think I went on here to let off some steam.

No, our insurance wasn't second. The insurance company confirmed no claims were ever made.
    We have provided insurance, paid child support, paid extras. We now pay 1/2 of his college expenses (because that is the right thing to do... not because we are required).
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 27, 2013, 07:42 AM
    Go ahead with the revenge and see who is hurt. The child. Is this the child's fault? No. Why hurt the child?

I understand that from what I wrote it might look bad.
    Yes, you look bad. Very bad. I pity your soul for taking this out on the child. It's too late now. The damage has been done. I suggest you get some counseling for your anger problems before this becomes irreparable between father and child. This is not your problem to deal with, it is an issue between the biological parents.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2013, 07:45 AM
    As far as her keeping him from dad, he should have been taking her back to court for visitation rights that mom should have been following. Dad should have been asking questions about their medical appointments. Sounds like he should have been more on top of things. But as Exxon said at the kids ages now nothing will probably happen. What can they ready do at this point to make things right other than a vengeance thing? Child support came after me for my one son when he turned 20. Realizing it was their mistake they backed off saying oh he's 20 now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Campbell, Cohen (Attorneys at Law) is scam or not scam? [ 7 Answers ]

If anyone can tell my please answer me

I live in state with no state tax,but my husband work in state with state tax.How to [ 1 Answers ]

I live in state of WA and I do not have state tax,but my husband move for work in KY in October 2010 and that state has state tax.We are filing federal tax as married filing jointly but I do not know how to file for KY state tax. Please,help. Thank you

Owe state taxes in another state don't work in that state, can they garnish wages. [ 6 Answers ]

I owe back taxes in state of Maryland but work in virginia. Can Maryland garnish wages in viriginia.

Do you lose assistance from the state if you have a felon move in with you? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok I have a friend who is getting help from the state to pay for rent, food, medical, daycare, and whatever else. Well they have a friend who is on parole with a felony charge and is needing a place to live. We were wondering if the friend with the felony moves in with them if they will lose all...

2 states: Can I credit state tax of one state to other state [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 W-2. One from job in Mass. Mass state tax is withheld in that W-2. Then I moved to NC and got a new job in NC. NC state tax is withheld in this second jobs W-2. Both W-2 only have state tax withheld from their corresponding states. So can I credit taxes of one state to another and...

View more questions Search