Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tripp68 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2007, 04:50 PM
    16.5 hp briggs and stratton
    I have an older 16.5 hp Briggs and Statton riding mower,and have had the starter rebuilt. I was told that before I put it back on the mower I need to have "The Valve" turned or it would be pointless.My question is what valve needs to be turned and where is it located.I am assuming I would takr the valve to a mach. Shop or??
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

Mar 28, 2007, 09:51 PM
    Briggs and stratton advises valve adjust every 200hours? That would have no effect on the starter failing. I would put the starter on and try it.. . If it is not broke don't fix it.

Don
    Morrowrj Posts: 345, Reputation: 22

Mar 29, 2007, 10:05 AM
    Unless what the person was saying was that your compression is too high and is wearing out your starter prematurely.? They could have been suggesting reseting the valves for this reason.

Morrowrj

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

18.5 hp briggs & stratton [ 9 Answers ]

I have a 18.5 hp Briggs & Stratton model # 31P777, type # 0348-E1 that is blowing oil out of the screen on the fuel pump. It will blow out about 1 pint by the time I finish cutting my yard. Any ideas?

Briggs and Stratton 16.5 hp [ 3 Answers ]

My friend has a Briggs and Stratton 16.5 hp engine on a riding lawn mower. He asked me if I had ever seen one that leaked oil from under the flywheel. He said there are two holes under the flywheel that oil is seeping out of. I am totally at a loss of the holes he is referring to and therefore I...

10 hp briggs and stratton [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know what the intake and exhaust valve setting for a briggs and stratton generator. Thank you :(

Briggs and Stratton 10 hp [ 1 Answers ]

Can some one help me I need to know what valve setting to set on my briggs stratton generator. Thank you for you help

Briggs &stratton 15 hp. [ 1 Answers ]

The other day this engine just quit and I had no spark from the coil. It has the electronic ignition so I cleaned everything under the flywheel and put it back thinking that this must be the problem but no. There is a small wire that goes to the coil and when I pull it off it will fire. I found two...

View more questions Search