Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steveshell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2013, 09:20 AM
    Max Rapid Finance Do You Believe Them or Not?
    OK, call me another sucker I'm sure. Approved for $40,000 loan @ 5%. Great! Chose option 3 for the insurance. Guaranteed funds would be transferred in 24 hours. Wrong! Received call from Mr. Pruitt saying the lender wants $2000 more. Sorry, don't have it and can't get it. Advised Mr. Pruitt to just sent the money back that was sent for the insurance. That was 31 days ago as of yesterday. No refund. Instead I receive a call from Mr. Pruitt stating basically the IRS is not happy with them as my $40,000 has been sitting in limbo for 30 days?? Really?? Now the story is the IRS wants $800 for a transfer fee so my funds can be dropped in 30 minutes. Told Mr. Pruitt I didn't have $800 so he has requested an extension so I can get it. Really?? I'm thinking he's trying to take me to the cleaners! Or not? I'm not sure as I haven't been able to find anything against Max Rapid except here. Anyone have any info on them? I'm desperately trying to save my home and I've ran out of options
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2013, 09:30 AM
    I don't believe them...

I don't believe anyplace that does loans over the phone... I REALLY don't believe any place that gives a loan before running credit checks...

And I really , Really don't believe a place is willing to loan that much money... that quick to someone who's in such financial straights they are about to lose a house...

Sorry but I see them as a preditor ledor preying on people in situations such as you are. Payday and Title loans are preditory lenders, just ones that are allowed to do business.

A legitimate lender will NEVER ask for money up front to issue a "loan".

If a legitimate lender wanted some sort of extra insurance it would be rolled into the loan. Or they would simply charge a much higher interest rate.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Sep 26, 2013, 09:32 AM
    It's a scam. We've been through this a few times on this site already.

Read this one and you'll see what was said about them... DO NOT FALL FOR THIS... you will get nothing out of it except losing your own money.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...ia-764690.html
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2013, 10:54 AM
    Approved for $40,000 loan @ 5%. Great! Chose option 3 for the insurance. Guaranteed funds would be transferred in 24 hours. Wrong! Received call from Mr. Pruitt saying the lender wants $2000 more.
    That's all you really needed to know to figure out it's a scam.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2013, 12:22 PM
    I have looked this up before and it is illegal for Jamaica to do loans in the USA.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 27, 2013, 12:47 AM
    You do not send money to get a loan, that was a sign of a scam from the very beginning. Next IRS would not know, and does not care about money sitting in any account,

You are out any money you have sent them, there is no loan.

How did you send them the money ? Western union ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loan company Max Rapid Finance [ 3 Answers ]

I'm pretty sure I've been scammed, but just wanted to see if anyone else had actually received a legit loan from this company in Jamaica. I sent them almost $500 to secure a loan, and was told I would get it the next day. It's been 3 days and now getting the runaround about this loan. Like I said,...

Is this company legit Max Rapid Finance in jamacia [ 31 Answers ]

I am trying to get a consolidation loan, and thia company email me and said I was approved for 20000 loan. I want to know if this company is legit. Thanks >Email address removed per site rules.<

View more questions Search