Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kathryn S Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2013, 11:54 AM
    Avoiding Capital Gains other than a 1031 Exchange?
    We are wanting to sell a duplex we own and invest the $ in a different venture. Is there a way to do that through a DIFFERENT type of "exchange"? If we simply sell the property we will pay Capital Gains tax and have $10000 less to invest. Help!

Check out some similar questions!

1031 Exchange in India [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, I am US Citizen and in the process of selling some property in India and unfortunately am only now realizing that re-investing the proceeds there may be the best avenue for me. Reinvesting will allow me to avoid capital gains taxes in India. Am I eligible for tax deferral in the US via...

1031 exchange [ 2 Answers ]

A friend of mine bouught a townhome years ago for a capital gain. He let his son live in there for free. He paid foe every bill himself, not his son. Now he is selling the townhome and buying a new house also for capital gain. Is this townhome qualified as investment property to make this...

Capital Gains Tax on Property Exchange [ 1 Answers ]

My parents signed over a piece of land to me last year which was an inheritance from my grandparents estate (they've been gone for a while). I'm in the process of selling the property for $120K and am purchasing another property (in a different county) for $105K? What will my capital gains...

Avoiding Capital Gains/Rental properties [ 1 Answers ]

We own a rental property in the same town we live for 25 years. No Mortgage. T avoid Capital Gains, can my husband move into this house on paper for two years to claim it as his primary residence? What does he have to change? Period? Do we have to file sepeately? Any advice would be appreciated.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.